ORDINANCE NO. VI OF 2011
CAREER STRUCTURE FOR HEALTH PERSONNEL SCHEME ORDINANCE, 2011
An Ordinance to regulate the appointment to and the terms and conditions of service of health personnel, serving in the Federal health institutions and related organizations under the Federal Government in Pakistan
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 27th August, 2011]
No. F. 2(1)/2011-Pub.—The following Ordinance promulgated by the President is hereby published for general information :—
WHEREAS it is expedient to regulate by law, the appointment to and the terms and conditions of service of health personnel serving in the Federal health institutions and related organizations under the Federal Government and to provide for matters connected therewith or ancillary thereto;
AND WHEREAS the Senate and National Assembly are not in session and the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 89 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:—
1. Short title, application and commencement.—(1) This Ordinance may be called the Career Structure for Health Personnel Scheme Ordinance, 2011.
(2) It applies to all health personnel serving in the Federal health institutions and related organizations under the Federal Government.
(3) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the 1st day of July, 2011.
2. Definitions. In this Ordinance, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,—
(a) "adhoc appointment" means appointment of a duly qualified person made otherwise than in accordance with the prescribed method of recruitment, pending recruitment in accordance with such method;
(b) "health personnel" means a person who holds a post in any institute or organization delivering services in the health sector and included in Schedule-I, but does not include,—
(i) a person who is on deputation to the Federal Government from any Province or other authority;
(ii) a person who is employed on contract, or on work-charged basis or who is paid from contingencies;
(c) "initial appointment" means appointment made otherwise than by promotion or transfer;
(d) "pay" means the amount drawn monthly by a health personnel as pay and includes technical pay, special pay, personal pay and any other emoluments declared by the prescribed authority to be pay;
(e) "permanent post" means a post sanctioned without limit of time;
(f) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules;
(g) "rules" means rules made or deemed to have been made under this Ordinance;
(h) "scheme" means the Career Structure for Health Personnel Scheme;
(i) "schedule" means a Schedule annexed to this Ordinance;
(j) "selection authority" means the departmental selection board, departmental selection committee or other authority or body on the recommendation of or in consultation with which any appointment or promotion is made in the prescribed manner; and
(k) "temporary post" means a post other than a permanent post.
3. Career Structure for Health Personnel Scheme.—(1) There is hereby constituted a Scheme to be called Career Structure for Health Personnel Scheme for governing the appointment, terms and conditions and other related matters of the health personnel.
(2) All the existing health personnel shall, on exercise of option under Section 6, come under the ambit of the Scheme.