ACT NO. XXV OF 2011
CRIMINAL LAW (SECOND AMENDMENT)
An Act further to amend the Pakistan Penal Code, 1860 and the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 28th December, 2011]
No. F. 24(9)/2011-Legis.—The following Act of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) received the assent of the President on 26th December, 2011, is hereby published for general information:—
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Pakistan Penal Code, 1860 (Act XLV of 1860) and the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (Act V of 1898) for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as under:—
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) This Act may be called the Criminal Law (Second Amendment) Act, 2011.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of Section 332, Act XLV of 1860.—In the Pakistan Penal Code, 1860 (Act XLV of 1860), hereinafter referred to as the said Code, in Section 332, in sub-section (1),—
(i) after the word "disables" the commas and words, ",disfigures, defaces" shall be inserted; and
(ii) the following explanation shall be added, namely:—
"Explanation.—disfigure means disfigurement; of face or disfigurement or dismemberment of any organ or any part of the organ of the human body which impairs or injures or corrodes or deforms the symmetry or appearance of a person.".
3. Insertion of new sections 336A and 336B, Act XLV of 1860.—In the said Code, after Section 336, the following new sections shall be inserted, namely:—
"336A. Hurt caused by corrosive substance.—Whoever with the intention or knowingly causes or attempts to cause hurt by means of a corrosive substance or any substance which is deleterious to human body when it is swallowed, inhaled, comes into contact or received into human body or otherwise shall be said to cause hurt by corrosive substance:
Explanation.—In this sub-section, unless the context otherwise requires, "corrosive substance" means a substance which may destroy, cause hurt, deface or dismember any organ of the human body and includes every kind of acid, poison, explosive or explosive substance, heating substance, noxious thing, arsenic or any other chemical which has a corroding effect and which is deleterious to human body.
336B. Punishment for hurt by corrosive substance.—Whoever causes hurt by corrosive substance shall be punished with imprisonment for life or imprisonment of either description which shall not be less than fourteen years and a minimum fine of one million rupees.".
4. Amendment of Schedule II, Act V of 1898.—In the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (Act V of 1898) in the Schedule II, after Section 336, in Column (1) and the corresponding entries relating thereto in columns (2) to (8) the following shall be inserted, namely:—
Hurt caused by Corrosive Substances
Life Imprisonment or imprisonment of either description for not less than 14 years and a minimum line of one million rupees