GAS INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT CESS RULES, 2011
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-II, 31st December, 2011]
S.R.O. 1152(I)/2011, dated 30.12.2011.—In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 6 of the Gas Infrastructure Development Cess Act, 2011 (XXI of 2011), the Federal Government is pleased to make the following rules, namely:—
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules shall be called the Gas Infrastructure Development Cess Rules, 2011.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Monthly Statements.—Every company shall, in respect of each calendar month, submit to the Federal Government, before the close of the next following month, a statement showing the,—
(a) quantity of natural gas sold to various categories of consumers; and
(b) gas infrastructure development Cess accrued on the sale as per (a) above.
3. Manner and time of payment.—Every company shall,—
(a) deposit at the Government treasury the amount of gas infrastructure development cess payable by it in respect of the sales during the calendar month within one month of the close of that month or within seven days of the actual collection from consumers whichever is earlier, and
(b) submit to the Federal Government, within seven days of such deposit, a statement showing the amount deposited, the number and date of the treasury challan through which the deposit was made and such other particulars, if any, as the Federal Government may specify.
4. Annual return,—Every company shall, within three months of the close of each calendar year, submit to the Federal Government a consolidated annual return, certified by their auditors to be correct and true as per company's books, showing, in respect of each month of that year, the quantity of natural gas sold, the rates at which the development surcharge has been calculated and the amount of each surcharge paid.