(ii) implementation of the recommendations, orders or decisions.
11. Temporary Injunction.—The Ombudsman may stay operation of the impugned order or decision for a period not exceeding sixty days.
12. Power to punish for contempt.—An Ombudsman shall have power to punish for contempt as provided in the Contempt of Court Ordinance, 2003 (V of 2003).
13. Review.—(1) The Ombudsman shall have the power to review any findings, recommendations, order or decision on a review petition made by an aggrieved party within thirty days of the findings, recommendations, order or decision.
(2) The Ombudsman shall decide the review petition within forty five days.
(3) In review, the Ombudsman may alter, modify, amend or recall the recommendation, order or decision.
14. Representation.—(1) Any person or party aggrieved by a decision, order, findings or recommendations of an Ombudsman may file representation to the President within thirty days of the decision, order, findings or recommendations.
(2) The operation of the impugned order, decision, findings recommendation shall remain suspended for period of sixty days, if the representation is made as per sub-section (1).
(3) The representation shall be addressed directly to the President and not through any Ministry, Division or Department.
(4) The representation shall be processed in the office of the President by a person who had been or is qualified to be a judge of the Supreme Court or has been Wafaqi Mohtasib or Federal Tax Ombudsman.
(5) The representation shall be decided within one hundred and twenty days.
15. Personal hearing.—It shall not be necessary for the President or the Ombudsman to give personal hearing to the parties and the matter may be decided on the basis of available record and written comments filed by the Agency.
16. Supply of copies.—The Ombudsman shall supply free of cost copies of the findings and recommendations to the parties.
17. Administrative and financial powers of Ombudsman.—(1) The Ombudsman shall be the Chief Executive and Principal Accounting Officer of the Office and shall enjoy complete administrative and financial autonomy.
(2) The remuneration payable to the Ombudsman and the administrative expenses of the office shall be an expenditure charged upon Federal Consolidated Fund.
(3) The Ombudsman shall have full powers to create new posts and abolish old posts, to change nomenclature and upgrade or downgrade any post provided the expenditure is met from within the allocated budget of the office of Ombudsman.
(4) The Ombudsman shall have full powers to re-appropriate funds from one head of account to another head of account and to sanction expenditure on any item from within the allocated budget.
(5) The Ombudsman may delegate any of the above mentioned powers to a member of the staff not below BPS-21 or equivalent.
18. Bar of jurisdiction.—No Court or authority shall have jurisdiction to entertain a matter which falls within the jurisdiction of an Ombudsman nor any Court or authority shall assume jurisdiction in respect of any matter pending with or decided by an Ombudsman.
19. Additional responsibility.—Where an Ombudsman is called upon to look after work of any office in the service of Pakistan he shall not be entitled to any remuneration therefor.
20. Holding office of profit after expiry of tenure.—The Ombudsman shall not hold any office of profit in the service of Pakistan, other than a judicial or quasi-judicial office, before the expiration of two years after he has completed the tenure of his office.
21. Miscellaneous.—A woman, with an experience of atleast ten years in the matters relating to protection of women against harassment shall also be .eligible to be appointed by the President as Ombudsman under the Protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act, 2010 (IV of 2010).
22. Power to make rules.—The Ombudsman, with the approval of the President, may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act.
23. Removal of difficulties.—If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any provision of this Act, the President may make such Order, as may appear to him to be necessary or expedient for the purpose of removing the difficulty.
24. Overriding effect.—(1) The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force.
(2) In case there is a conflict between the provisions of this Act and the relevant legislation, the provisions of this Act to the extent of inconsistency, shall prevail.
[See Section 8]
I, ………………….. do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan;
That as …………………….. Ombudsman, I will discharge my duties and perform my functions honestly, to the best of my ability, faithfully in accordance with the laws of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and without fear or favour, affection or ill-will;
That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions;
And that 1 will not directly or indirectly communicate, or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration, or shall become known to me, as Ombudsman, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as Ombudsman.
May Allah Almighty help and guide me (Ameen).".