INTELLIGENCE BUREAU (IB) FOUNDATION
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 20th March, 2012]
S.R.O. 30(KE)/2012 :
Whereas, the Director-General, Intelligence Bureau, Islamabad has applied for the vesting in the Treasurer of Charitable Endowments for Pakistan of the amount of one million rupees to be applied by the Federal Government in trust for a charitable purpose known as "Intelligence Bureau Foundation", the objects of which would extend to the whole of Pakistan;
Now therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 4 of the Charitable Endowments Act, 1890 (VI of 1890), the Federal Government is pleased to direct that the said amount shall vest in the Treasurer of Charitable Endowments for Pakistan and the said amount and the income thereof shall be applied in accordance with the terms of a scheme specified in the Schedule below, to be settled under Section 5 of the said Act, namely:—
SCHEME OF ADMINISTRATION FOR INTELLIGENCE BUREAU FOUNDATION
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) This Scheme may be called the Intelligence Bureau (IB) Foundation.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definition.–(1) In this Scheme, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,–
(a) “Act" means the Charitable Endowments Act, 1890 (VI of 1890);
(b) "beneficiaries" means persons,–
(i) who have served or are serving in the Intelligence Bureau or its field formations as employees of the Intelligence Bureau;
(ii) who have served or are serving on deputation or cadre post in Intelligence Bureau, anywhere in Pakistan;
(iii) who are or have been on deputation to any other departments from Intelligence Bureau wherein they have retained their permanent lien of service; and
(iv) dependents of persons indicated in-sub-clauses (1), (ii) and (iii).
(c) "Chairman" means the head of the Foundation who shall be the Chairman of the Committee of Administration;
(d) "Committee" means the Committee of Administration;
(e) "dependents" means the spouse or spouses, dependent parents, dependent sons and unmarried, widowed or divorced daughters of the beneficiaries;
(f) "Foundation" means the Intelligence Bureau Foundation;
(g) "IB" means the Intelligence Bureau, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad;
(h) "Managing Director” means the managing director of the Foundation; and
(i) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Committee of Administration.
(2). All other words and expressions used, but not defined herein, shall have the same meanings as are assigned to them under the Act.
3. Aims and objects of the Foundation.—The following shall be the aims and objects of Foundation, namely:
(a) to extend and improve medical facilities for serving and retired beneficiaries;
(b) to advance, whether as a loan or stipend, grants to the dependents of beneficiaries for the purpose of education in approved Institutions;
(c) to provide for construction of low-cost houses of various categories and their sale in terms and conditions to be decided by the Committee to beneficiaries;
(d) to provide any other facility or help which the Committee may decide from time to time and which comes under the broad terms of "Welfare" of the beneficiaries;
(e) to initiate and maintain help and support services for routine domestic and personal affairs of IB employee;
(f) to keep IB employees informed about all information of their interest immediately and on a regular basis;
(g) to guide and assist in economic empowerment of beneficiaries, such as Initiating business projects;
(h) to explore and provide financial and knowledge support for education and job for the dependents of beneficiaries;
(i) to arrange and provide opportunities for IB employees to enhance their education while in service;
(j) to provide high quality subsidized house hold stuff to IB employees and thus sewing them from economic punch of increasing prices;
(k) to receive and administer funds for the foregoing, health, educational and charitable objects and to that end take and hold, by request, device, gifts, purchase or lease, either absolutely or in trust any property, real, personal or mixed, without limitation as to amount or value, except such limitations, if any, as may he imposed by laws to sell, convey, dispose of any such property and to invest and re-invest the principal in income thereof to deal with and expand the principal and income of the Foundation for any of the aforementioned object and purposes as may be contained in the instruments under which property is received of the other limitations imposed by law;
(l) to receive any property, real, personal, or mixed, in trust under the terms of any will, deed of trust, or other trust instrument for the foregoing objects or any of them (but for no other purpose) and in administering the same to carry out the directions and exercise the powers contained in the trust instrument under which the property if received including the expenditure of the principal as well as the income for one or more objects, or such objects as authorized or directed in the instrument under which it is received;
(m) to receive the title to hold, and use the proceeds and income of stocks, bonds, obligations, or other securities of any Government or Corporations, domestic or foreign, for the foregoing purposes; and
(n) to undertake, do and perform all such acts, matters or things in general, as may be desirable or necessary in the opinion of the Committee for the accomplishment of foregoing purposes or any of them and, in particular but without prejudice to generality of the foregoing, to enter into contracts, to undertake financial and commercial obligations, to borrow or raise or secure the payment of money, to sell, exchange, mortgage, let or lease the property and accounts of the Foundation, to purchase, take on lease or tenancy or in exchange, hire, take over option, or otherwise require any estate interest or property and to hold develop, deal with, turn to account any property, assets, or rights, real or personal or any kind and in the directions of the Committee to apply the assets of the Foundation in or towards the establishment of any association and institution the objects or purposes of which are in accordsance with the objects of the Foundation.
4. Administration of Foundation.—(1) The Foundation shall be administered by a Committee of Administration consisting of the following members, including the Chairman, by virtue of their office, namely:–
(a) DG IB Chairman
(b) Senior most JDG of IB HQ Vice-Chairman
(c) JDG/DDG of IB HQ Member
(d) JDG/DDG, PPHQ Member
(e) JDG/DUG, SPHQ Member
(f) JDG/DDG, BPHQ Member
(g) JDG/DDG, KPHQ Member
(h) JDG/DDG, NR HQ Member
(i) JDG/DDG, CR HQ Member
(j) five retired officers not less than
the BPS-20 (to be nominated
by Chairman) Member
(k) Managing Director IB Foundation Member
(l) Secretary Member
(2) The Managing Director shall be appointed by the Chairman on the recommendation of the Committee from among the retired or serving officers of IB, not below the rank of BPS-21.
(3) The Secretary shall be appointed by the Chairman, on the recommendation of the Committee from among the serving or retired officers of IB, not below the rank of BPS-20.
(4) The Chairman, may convene meetings of the Committee at such time and place, as he may deem necessary and convenient for the transaction of business.
(5) The Chairman, and in his absence, the Deputy Chairman, shall convene and preside over the meeting.
(6) Eight members shall form of quorum at a meeting of the Committee, provided that Chairman or Vice Chairman shall be one of the eight members.
(7) The Chairman shall exercise a casting vote in case of a tie in a meeting.
(8) The Chairman shall be the head of the Foundation and, through the Managing Director, shall have the management and control of the Foundation and its properties and assets.
5. Powers and functions of the Committee.—(1) The Committee shall have the powers and discretion to utilize, apply and invest the corpus of the Foundation and its income in such manner, as it may consider proper.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, the Committee may,–
(a) purchase, sell, endorse, transfer, negotiate or otherwise deal in Securities of the Government of Pakistan and any other securities of any description;
(b) raise loans for its various enterprises and undertakings and may for this purpose, pledge, hypothecate or otherwise charge the corpus and the properties of the Foundation;
(c) enter into contract, engagements, arrangements and execute necessary documents;
(d) open current, fixed overdraft, loan, cash credit and other accounts with any bank or banks as may be necessary and to pay into and to draw out money from such accounts;
(e) make, draw, endorse, sign, accept, negotiate and give-all cheques, bills of lading drafts, orders bills of exchange, Government Securities, promissory notes and other negotiable instruments;
(f) the Committee may appoint, sub-Committees to transact business and may delegate any of its powers to any of such sub-Committee or any member or officer of such sub-Committee;
(g) the Committee may delegate any of the powers to member or members or to any officer or employee in the employments of the Committee or any of its undertakings and for this purpose may execute or authorize execution of any powers of Attorney of other instruments;
(h) the Committee shall have powers to create posts appoint, remove or suspend such officers and agents, managements, secretaries, clerks and servants for permanent, temporary, or special services to work for remuneration or gratuitously as the Committee may, from time to time, think fit and may determine their powers and duties; and
(i) the Committee shall at all times confirm to and abide by the rules framed under Section 13 of the Act.
6. Welfare Endowment Fund.—Initially a sum of one million rupees has been vested as IB-Foundation Endowment Fund in the name of Treasurer IB-Foundation vide bank Draft No. P.O. 2048379, dated 9th January, 2011, drawn at Askari Bank F-10, Markaz Branch, Islamabad, Pakistan. This amount is kept as IB-Welfare Endowment Fund and shall not be utilized for any other purpose.
7. Audit of accounts.—The accounts of the Foundation shall be audited annually by the Auditor General of Pakistan.
8. Winding up.—(1) The assets and liabilities of any project or activity of the Foundation shall vest in the Committee in case of winding up of such project or activity.
(2) The assets and liabilities of the Foundation shall revert to IB in the case of winding up of the Foundation.