GILGIT ACT NO. X OF 2012
GILGIT-BALTISTAN COUNCIL VALIDATION (ADAPTATION) ACT, 2012
An Act to adapt and to enforce the Validation Ordinance, 2012 of Pakistan in Gilgit Baltistan
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 10th December, 2012]
No. C-1 (2V2012 GBC—The following Act, passed by the Gilgit-Baltistun Council on 20th September, 2012 and authenticated by the Chairman, Gilgit-Baltistan Council/Prime Minister of Pakistan, is hereby published for general information.
WHEREAS it is necessary to adapt and to enforce the Validation Ordinance, 2012 (VI of 2012) as in force in Pakistan and to provide for matters connected therewith and ancillary thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:—
1. Short title, extent and commencement.—(1) This Act may be called the Gilgit-Bultistan Council Validation (Adaptation) Act, 2012.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of Gilgit-Baltistan.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Interpretation.—In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, 'previous law' shall mean a law in force in the Gilgit-Baltistan territory immediately before the commencement of this Act and corresponding to any law adapted by this Act.
3. Adaptation of the Validation Ordinance, 2012.—The Validation Ordinance, 2012 (VI of 2012), and all rules, notifications and orders made thereunder and in force immediately before the commencement of this Act are adapted and shall, as far as practicable, be in force in Gilgit-Baltistan subject to the following modifications, namely:—
(a) the expressions 'Government', 'Federal Government', President' or any other expression howsoever worded, referring to any Executive Government, shall, as far as practicable, be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Council and reference to Pakistan or any part of Pakistan shall be construed to refer to Gilgit-Baltistan; and
(b) the expression "Provincial Government' shall be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Government.
4. Previous laws to cease to have effect.—If immediately before the coming into force of this Act, there is in force in Gilgit-Baltistan any law corresponding to any law adapted by this Act, it shall, subject to the other provisions of this Act, cease to have effect on and from the date of the commencement of this Act:
Provided that the provisions of this Act shall not render invalid anything duly done before the commencement of this Act under the provisions of any previous law.
5. Removal of difficulty.—If any difficulty or question arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act or in regard to the construction to be placed on any adaptation, the Council may, from time to time, make such provisions or give such directions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appear to it to be necessary for the purpose of removing such difficulty.
Passed by the Gilgit-Baltistun Council on the 20th September. 2012.