GILGIT-BALTISTAN ACT-III OF 2015
GILGIT-BALTISTAN COUNCIL ADAPTATION OF LAWS ACT, 2015
An Act to adapt and to enforce certain laws of Pakistan in Gilgit-Baltistan
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 24th April, 2015]
No. C-1 (6)/2014 GBC–The following Act, passed by the Gilgit-Baltistan Council on 14th April, 2015 and authenticated by the Chairman, Gilgit-Baltistan Council/Prime Minister of Pakistan, is hereby published for general information.
WHEREAS it is necessary to adapt and to enforce certain laws of Pakistan in Gilgit-Baltistan;
It is hereby enacted as follows:–
1. Short title, extent and commencement.–(1) This Act may be called the Gilgit-Baltistan Council Adaptation of Laws Act, 2015.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of Gilgit-Baltistan.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Interpretation.–In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, 'previous law' shall mean a law in force in the Gilgit-Baltistan territory immediately before the commencement of this Act and corresponding to any law adapted by this Act.
3. Adaptation of laws.–The laws of Pakistan specified in the Schedule to this Act, and all rules, notifications and orders made thereunder and in force immediately before the commencement of this Act are adapted and shall, as far as may be practicable, be in force in Gilgit-Baltistan subject to the following modifications, namely:–