(1) the expressions 'Government', 'Federal Government', President' or any other expression howsoever worded, referring to any Executive Government, shall, as far as may be practicable, be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Council and reference to Pakistan or any part of Pakistan shall be construed to refer to Gilgit-Baltistan;
(2) the expression 'Provincial Government' shall be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Government; and
(3) the expressions “Supreme Court”, “High Court” and “Chief Justice”, shall be construed to refer to “Gilgit-Baltistan Supreme Appellate Court”, “Gilgit-Baltistan Chief Court” and “Chief Judge” respectively.
4. Previous laws to cease to have effect.–If, immediately before the coming into force of this Act, there is in force in Gilgit-Baltistan any law corresponding to any law adapted by this Act, it shall, subject to the other provisions of this Act, cease to have effect on and from the date of the commencement of this Act:
Provided that the provisions of this Act shall not render invalid anything duly done before the coming into force of this Act under the provisions of any previous law.
5. Removal of difficulty.–If any difficulty or question arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act or in regard to the construction to be placed on any adaptation, the Council may, from time to time, make such provisions or give such directions as appear to it to be necessary for the purpose of removing such difficulty.
[See Section 3]
(a) The Family Courts Act, 1964 (No. XXXV of 1964).
(b) The Surveying and Mapping Act, 2014 (No. I of 2014).
(c) The Anti-terrorism (Amendment) Act, 2014 (No. VI of 2014).
(d) The Anti-terrorism (Second Amendment) Act, 2014 (No. VII of 2014).