GILGIT ACT I OF 2015
GILGIT-BALTISTAN COUNCIL FINANCE (ADAPTATION) ACT, 2015
An Act to adapt and enforce the Finance Act, 2014, as in force in Pakistan and the rules made thereunder, in Gilgit-Baltistan
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 24th April, 2015]
No. C-1(5)/2014 GBC.–The Following Act, passed by the Gilgit-Baltistan Council on 14th April, 2015 and authenticated by the Chairman, Gilgit-Baltistan Council/Prime Minister of Pakistan, is hereby published for general information.
WHEREAS it is expedient to adapt and enforce the Finance Act, 2014 (IX of 2014) and rules made thereunder, as in force in Pakistan and to provide for matters connected therewith or ancillary thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:–
1. Short title, extent and commencement.–(1) This Act may be called the Gilgit-Baltistan Council Finance (Adaptation) Act, 2015.
(2) It extends to the whole of Gilgit-Baltistan.
(3) It shall come into force from the first day of July, 2014.
2. Adaptation of Finance Act, 2014 of Pakistan.–The Finance Act, 2014 (IX of 2014), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, as in force in Pakistan immediately before the commencement of this Act and all rules made and notifications issued thereunder are adapted and shall, as far as practicable, be in force in Gilgit-Baltistan subject to the following modifications, namely:–
(1) the expressions “Pakistan”, “Government”, “Federal Government”, “Federal Board of Revenue” or any other expression howsoever worded, referring to any Executive Government, shall, as far as practicable, be construed to refer to the “Gilgit-Baltistan”, the “Gilgit-Baltistan Council”, the “Board of Revenue” and the reference to Pakistan or any part of Pakistan shall be construed to refer to Gilgit-Baltistan;
(2) the expression “Provincial Government” shall be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Government; and
(3) The following five Sections (No. 3, 6, 8, 9 & 10) of the said Act shall be excluded from the purview of this Act, namely:–
(a) Section 3. Amendment of Act XXVII of 1974.
(b) Section 6. Amendment of Ordinance XXIV of 2001.
(c) Section 8. Amendment of Federal Excise Act, 2005.
(d) Section 9. Amendment of Act XXI of 2011.
(e) Section 10. Income Support Levy Act, 2013.
(4) For the purposes of Section 7 of the said Act, the amendments made in the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 (XLIX of 2001) through the Finance Act, 2013 as applicable in Pakistan shall also stand adapted with effect from coming into force of this Act.
3. Removal of difficulty.–If any difficulty or question arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act or in regard to the construction to be placed on any adaptation, the Council may, from time to time, make such provisions or give such directions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appear to it to be necessary for the purpose of removing such difficulty.