GILGIT-BALTISTAN ACT-II OF 2015
GILGIT-BALTISTAN COUNCIL PROTECTION OF
PAKISTAN (ADAPTATION) ACT, 2015
An Act to adapt and to enforce the Protection ofPakistan Act, 2014 of Pakistan in Gilgit-Baltistan
[Gazette ofPakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 24th April, 2015]
No. C-1 (6)/2014 GBC.–The following Act, passed by the Gilgit-Baltistan Council on 14th April, 2015 and authenticated by the Chairman, Gilgit-Baltislan Council/Prime Minister of Pakistan, is hereby published for general information.
WHEREAS it is necessary to adapt and to enforce Protection of Pakistan Act, 2014 (X of 2014), as in force in Pakistan, and to provide for matters connected therewith or ancillary thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:–
1. Short title, extent, and commencement.–(1) This Act may be called the Gilgit-Baltistan Council Protection of Pakistan (Adaptation) Act, 2015.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of Gilgit-Baltistan.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Interpretation.–In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, 'previous law' shall mean a law in force in the Gilgit-Baltistan territory immediately before the commencement of this Act and corresponding to any law adapted by this Act.
3. Adaptation of the Protection of Pakistan Act, 2014 (X of 2014).–The Protection of Pakistan Act, 2014 (X of 2014) and all rules notifications and orders made thereunder and in force immediately before the commencement of this Act are adapted and shall, as far as practicable, be in force in Gilgit-Baltistan subject to the following modifications, namely:–
(1) the expressions 'Government', 'Federal Government', President' or any other expressions however worded, referring to any Executive Government, shall, as far as practicable, be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Council and reference to Pakistan or any part of Pakistan shall be construed to refer to Gilgit-Baltistan;
(2) the expression 'Provincial Government' shall be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Government;
(3) the expression “High Court” shall be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Chief Court;
(4) the expression “Chief Justice” shall be construed to refer to the Chief Judge, Gilgit-Baltistan Chief Court;
(5) the expression “Supreme Court” shall be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Supreme Appellate Court; and
(6) Amendment of Section 6, Act X of 2014.–In the said Act, in Section 6 for the word “Government” the words “Gilgit-Baltistan Government” shall be substituted.
4. Previous laws to cease to have effect.–If immediately before the coming into force of this Act if there is in force in Gilgit-Baltistan any law corresponding to any law adapted by this Act, it shall, subject to the other provisions of this Act, cease to have effect on and from the date of the commencement of this Act:
Provided that the provisions of this Act shall not render invalid anything duly done before the commencement of this Act under the provisions of any previous law.
5. Removal of difficulty.–If any difficulty or question arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act or in regard to the construction to be placed on any adaptation, the Council may, from time to time, make such provisions or give such directions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appear to it to be necessary for the purpose of removing such difficulty.