ISLAMABAD CAPITAL TERRITORY PRIVATE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS CHAIRMAN AND MEMBER (ACADEMIC) & MEMBER (REGISTRATION) APPOINTMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS) RULES, 2015
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-II, 20th November, 2015]
S.R.O. 107(KE)/2015: In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 22 read Section 7 of the Islamabad Capital Territory Private Educational Institutions (Regulation & Promotion) Act, 2013 (Act No. XI of 2013), the Federal Government is pleased to make the following Rules for appointment of Chairman, Member (Academic) & Member (Registration) of Islamabad Capital Territory Private Educational Institutions Regulatory Authority (PEIRA), namely:–
1. Short title and commencement:–
(1) These Rules may be called the Islamabad Capital Territory Private Educational Institutions Chairman and Member (Academic) & Member (Registration) (Appointment and Qualifications) Rules, 2015.
(2) They shall apply to the Chairman and Member (Academic) & Member (Registration) appointed under these Rules.
(3) These shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions:–In these Rules unless there is any thing repugnant in the subject or context:–
(a) “Act” means Islamabad Capital Territory Private Educational Institutions (Regulation and Promotion) Act, 2013;
(b) “Authority” means the Authority as defined in Islamabad Capital Territory Private Educational Institutions (Regulation and Promotion) Act, 2013;
(c) “Board” means the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Islamabad;
(d) “Chairman” means the Chairman of the Authority;
(e) “College” means a privately managed college imparting education for intermediate or higher secondary education or equivalent;
(f) “Government” means the Federal Government;
(g) “Institution” means privately managed school, college, tuitions centre or an institution imparting education upto intermediate or higher secondary schools level or equivalent;
(h) “Member” mean the members of the Authority;
(i) “Prescribed” means prescribed by rules or Rules made under this Act;
(j) “Privately managed” means an institution which is not owned or managed by a Government, a local body or a body set up or controlled by the Government; and
(j) “School” means a privately managed school or tuition centre imparting education at pre-primary level including day-care centre and from pre-primary level to secondary education level or equivalent.
(2) The words and expression used but not defined in these Rules shall have the same meanings as assigned to them in the Act ibid and any other Law/Rules/Instructions for the time being enforced and referred herein.