Syed Ali Hajvery Institute of Technology and Management Sciences, Lahore, Ordinance, 2002
Ord XXI of 2002
10th April, 2002
An ordinance to provide for the establishment
of the Syed Ali Hajvery Institute of Technology and Management Sciences, Lahore.
Whereas it is expedient to provide for the establishment of the Syed Ali Hajvery Institute of Technology and Management Sciences, Lahore and for matters ancillary and connected thereto in the manner hereinafter appearing;
And whereas the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab stands dissolved and the Governor is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
And whereas under Article 4 of the Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order No.9 of 1999, as amended by the Chief Executive Order No.11 of 2000, the Governor of a Province may issue and promulgate an Ordinance;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the aforesaid powers and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Ordinance may be called the Syed Ali Hajvery Institute of Technology and Management Sciences, Lahore, Ordinance, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.- In this Ordinance unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context –
(a) “Board” means the Board of Governors;
(b) “Government” means the Government of the Punjab;
(c) “Institute” means Syed Ali Hajvery Institute of Technology and Management Sciences, Lahore as constituted under this Ordinance;
(d) “Patron” means the Governor of the Punjab;
(e) “Rector” means the Rector of the Institute;
(f) “Regulation” mean the Regulations made or deemed to have been made under this Ordinance; and
(g) “Trust” means “Syed Ali Hajvery University Trust”.
3. Establishment of the Institute.- (1) There shall be established an Institute called Syed Ali Hajvery Institute of Technology and Management Sciences, Lahore with its campus located at Lahore.
(2) The Institute shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
4. Functions and powers of the Institute.- The functions and powers of the Institute shall be:
(a) to provide for instruction and training in-
(i) Computer Sciences, Business Administration, Fashion Designing & Merchandising, Commerce; and
(ii) such other branches of learning as the Board of Governors may determine with the approval of the Patron given on the recommendation of a committee constituted by the Education Department:
Provided that in case of medical and engineering education, approval of the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council and Pakistan Engineering Council respectively shall be a pre-requisite;
(b) to provide for research, demonstration and other services, and for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge;
(c) to hold examinations and confer or award degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions to persons who have passed its examinations;
(d) to select and promote faculties;
(e) to prescribe course of studies;
(f) to establish and support other facilities for education, training and research; and
(g) to decide teaching methods and strategies in order to ensure the most effective educational and training programs.