Advocate-General (Terms and Conditions of Service) Order, 2015.
PRESIDENT'S ORDER No. 1 OF 2015
to appoint an Advocate-General for Islamabad Capital Territory;
WHEREAS it is expedient to appoint an Advocate-General for Islamabad Capital Territory and to provide for matters connected therewith and ancillary thereto;
AND WHEREAS the executive authority of the Federation in respect of Islamabad Capital Territory is exercisable by the President;
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 258 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the President is pleased to make the following Order: –
1. Short title, extent and commencement.- (1) This Order may be called the Advocate-General (Terms and Conditions of Service) Order, 2015.
(2) It extends to the whole of the Islamabad Capital Territory.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Appointment of the Advocate-General.-There shall be an Advocate-General for Islamabad Capital Territory who shall be appointed by the President.
3. Qualilications.-A person shall be appointed as Advocate-General who is citizen of the Pakistan and is qualified to be judge ofthe High Court.
4. Functions.-It shall be the duty of the Advocate-General to give advice to the Provincial Government on such constitutional or legal matters and perform such other functions of a legal character as may be referred or assigned to him by Provincial Government.
5. Tenure.- The Advocate-General shall hold the office during the pleasure of the President and shall not engage in private practice so long as he holds the office of the Advocate-General.
6. Resignation.- The Advocate-General may, by writing under his hand addressed to the President, resign his office.
7. Salary and alIowances.- The Advocate-General, on assumption of office, as such shall be entitled to following salary and allowances, namely,-
Rs.1 00,0001- per month
Rs.500,0001- per month
Telephone ceiling (office)
Telephone ceiling (residence)
Rs. 7,0001- per month
Rs.7,0001- per month
1300-CC car with driver
and 300 litres petrol per month.
Rs.60,0001- per month
as is admissible to 8S-20 officer.
Travelling and daily allowance
as is admissible to BS-20 officer.
8. Power to make rules.- The Federal Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, make rules, for matters not provided for in this Order, to carry out the purposes of this Order.