WHITE PHOSPHORUS MATCHES PROHIBITION ACT, 1913
ACT NO. V OF 1913
7th MARCH, 1913
An Act to prohibit the importation, manufacture and sale of matches made with white phosphorus. whereas it is expedient to prohibit the importation, manufacture and sale of matches made with white phosphorus; It is hereby enacted as follows :—
1. Short title, extent and commencement. — (1) This Act may be called the White Phosphorus Matches Prohibition Act, 1913.
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan.
(3) It shall come into force on the first day of July, 1913, with the exception of section 6, which shall come into force on the first day of July, 1914.
2. Definition. In this Act, " white phosphorus " means the substance commonly known as white or yellow phosphorus.
3. Prohibition of importation by addition to section 18, Act VIII of 1878. Rep. by the Repealing Act, 1938 (I of 1938), s.2 and Schedule.