EXECUTION OF THE PUNISHMENT OF WHIPPING ORDINANCE, 1979.
Ordinance No. IX of 1979
9th February, 1979
An Ordinance to make provision relating to the execution of (he punishment of whipping.
whereas it is expedient to make provision relating to the execution of the punishment of whipping ;
and whereas the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the fifth day of July, 1977, read with the Laws (Continuance in
Force) Order, 1977 (C.M.L.A. Order No. 1 of 1977), and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance :—
l.— Short title, extent, application and commencement. (l) This Ordinance may be called the Execution of the Punishment of Whipping Ordinance, 1979.
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan,
(3) It applies to the execution of the punishment of whipping imposed under an. law for the time being in force.
(4) It shall come into force on the twelfth day of Rabi-ul-Awwal, 1399 Hijri, that is , the tenth day of February, 1979.
2. Definitions. In this Ordinance, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,” authorised medical officer” means a medical officer, howsoever designated, authorised by Government.
3. Ordinance to override other laws. The provisions of this Ordinance shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force.
4. Specifications of whip. The whip, excluding its handle, shall be of one single piece only and preferably be made of leather, or a cane or a branch of a tree, having no knob or joint on it, and it» length and thickness shall not exceed 1.22 meters and 1.25 cm, respectively.
5. The conditions and mode of execution of punishment of whipping. The following provisions shall apply to the execution of the punishment of whipping, namely :—