Cutting Of Trees (Prohibition) Act, 1975
Short title, extent and commencement
Cutting etc., of trees prohibited
Power to make rules
Cutting Of Trees (Prohibition)
Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part I, 12th December, 1975
An Act to provide
for the prohibition of cutting
of trees near the external frontiers of Pakistan
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President .‑on the 9th December, 1975, and is hereby published for general information ;
Whereas it is expedient to provide for the prohibition of cutting of trees or causing damage to the standing and growing trees within five miles of the external frontiers of Pakistan and for matters ancillary thereto
It is hereby enacted as follows;
1. Short title, extent and commencement.‑(1) This Act maybe called the Cutting of Trees (Prohibition) Act, 1975.
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.‑In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,‑
(a) "Formation" means a Corps, Division or Brigade of the Pakistan Army ;
(b) "Local formation commander", in relation to an area, means an .officer for the time being in command of the formation in the area ; and
(c) "Tree" means a large plant with a self‑supporting trunk.
3. Cutting etc., of trees prohibited. Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, no person shall, without the prior written approval of the local formation commander or an officer authorised by him in this behalf, cut, fell or damage or cause to be cut, felled or damaged any free growing within the five miles belt along the external frontiers of Pakistan.
4. Penalty.‑Whoever contravenes the provisions of this Act or the rules made there under shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
5. Power to make rules.‑The Federal Government may make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.