Karachi development authority calculation of rate of bulk water supply
Whereas it is necessary and expedient to make provision for and to prescribe the manner of calculating the provisional rate and the final issue rate of the water supplied in bulk to the constituent bodies from year to year in accordance with which the constituent bodies have to pay for water supplied to them, as provided in Article 115 of the Karachi Development Authority Order, 1957;
Now therefore, in exercise of the powers vested in the Authority under Clause 2(c) of Article 115 of the said Order, the Governing Body of the Karachi Development Authority is pleased to make the following Regulations :-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These Regulations shall be called the Karachi Development Authority Calculation of Rates of Bulk Water Supply Regulations, 1969.
(ii) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions. In these Regulations unless there is anything repugnant to the Karachi Development Authority Order, 1957.-
(a) ‘Authority’ means the Karachi Development Authority.
(b) ‘Order’ means the Karachi Development Authority Order, 1957.
(c) All words and expressions not defined in these Regulations but defined in the Order shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them under the Order.
3. (1) The provisional rate and the final issue rate of water supplied in bulk to the constituent bodies shall be determined by the Authority from year to year.
(2) Pending the calculation of the final issue rate for any year, payment for water supplied during that year shall be made at the provisional rate.
(3) The calculations of the provisional rate and the final issue rate shall be made by the Authority in the manner hereinafter provided.