NATIONAL COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & ECONOMICS,
LAHORE, ORDINANCE, 2002
(Pb Ord XX of 2002)
[10th April, 2002]
An ordinance to provide for the establishment
of the National College of Business Administration & Economics, Lahore.
Preamble: — Whereas it is expedient to provide for the establishment of the National College of Business Administration & Economics, Lahore and for matters ancillary and connected thereto in the manner hereinafter appearing;
And whereas the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab stands dissolved and the Governor is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
And whereas under Article 4 of the Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order No.9 of 1999, as amended by the Chief Executive Order No.11 of 2000, the Governor of a Province may issue and promulgate an Ordinance;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the aforesaid powers and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
- Short title and commencement: — (1) This Ordinance may be called the National College of Business Administration & Economics, Lahore, Ordinance, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
- Definitions: — In this Ordinance unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context –
(a) “Board” means the Board of Governors;
(b) “Government” means the Government of the Punjab;
(c) “Institute” means the National College of Business Studies & Economics, Lahore as constituted under this Ordinance;
(d) “Patron” means the Governor of the Punjab;
(e) “Rector” means the Rector of the Institute;
(f) “Regulation” mean the Regulations made or deemed to have been made under this Ordinance; and
(g) “Trust” means “Ali Education Trust”, Lahore.
- Establishment of the Institute: — (1) There shall be established an Institute to be called the National College of Business Studies & Economics, Lahore with its campus located at Lahore.
(2) The Institute shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
- Functions and powers of the Institute: — The functions and powers of the Institute shall be:
(a) to provide for instruction and training in-
(i) Business Administration and Computer Sciences; and
(ii) such other branches of learning as the Board of Governors may determine with the approval of the Patron given on the recommendation of a committee constituted by the Education Department:
Provided that in case of medical and engineering education, approval of the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council and Pakistan Engineering Council respectively shall be a pre-requisite;
(b) to provide for research, demonstration and other services, and for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge;
(c) to hold examinations and confer on or award degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions to persons who have passed its examinations;
(d) to select and promote faculties;
(e) to prescribe course of studies;
(f) to establish and support other facilities for education, training and research; and
(g) to decide teaching methods and strategies in order to ensure the most effective educational and training programs.
- Jurisdiction. (1) The jurisdiction of the Institute shall be restricted to the Province of the Punjab.