OPIUM (WEST PAKISTAN AMENDMENT) ACT, 1957
(W.P. Act XIII of 1957)
28th February 1957
An Act to amend the Opium Act, 1878
Preamble : —
WHEREAS it is expedient to amend the Opium Act, 1878, in its application to the Province of West Pakistan, in the manner hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows : —
1. Short title, extent and commencement : — (1) This Act may be called the Opium (West Pakistan Amendment) Act, 1957.
(2) It extends to the whole of the province of West Pakistan, except the Tribal Areas.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of section 1 of Act I of 1878 : — For paragraphs 2 and 3 of section 1 of the Opium Act, 1878 (hereinafter called the said Act), the following shall be substituted, namely : —
“It extends to the whole of West Pakistan, except the Tribal Areas.
It shall come into force at once.”
3. Amendment of section 20 of Act I of 1878 : — For section 20 of the said Act, the following shall be deemed to have been substituted, namely : —