(8) An employee who is on deputation to some other organization shall be eligible for consideration for promotion on his/her return from deputation and upon earning one assessment report in NEPRA. The term of deputation period shall be considered as service for promotion and assessment reports earned during that term shall be quantified/graded according to NSR."
16. Amendment of Regulation 30.—(1) In Regulation 30, after the words "post or scale" the words "as a matter of right or” shall be inserted.
17. Amendment of Regulation 31.—(1) In sub-regulation (1) of Regulation 31, the words "more than six months" shall be substituted with the words "three months or more”.
(2) The sub-regulations (2), (3) & (4) shall be substituted with the following:
“(2) Employee who has served under various reporting officers in different spells of time in a calendar year, his/her Annual Assessment Reports should be prepared by all Reporting Officers under whom he/she has worked for at least 3 months during that year.
(3) The Annual Assessment Report shall be written by the immediate senior officer (i.e. Reporting Officer-RO), countersigned by the officer senior in rank to RO (i.e. Senior Reporting Officer-SRO) and endorsed by the officer senior in rank to SRO (i.e. Next Senior Reporting Officer-NSRO) in the chain of hierarchy, where applicable.
(4) Performance evaluation of an employee shall not be made for the period during which she/he remains under suspension, on forced leave or absent from duty."
(3) The following new sub-regulations shall be inserted after sub-regulation (4), namely,—
"(5) The calendar year based performance procedure should be initiated in December of the relevant year and completed and countersigned by January of the next year. Any special assessment should be initiated immediately after the event necessitating such reporting and completed and countersigned within one month.
(6) Only the evaluation reports with adverse opinion shall be communicated to concerned employee.
(7) The comments of RO, SRO, NSRO in the AAR are mandatory where applicable. Administration will ensure that AAR is duly completed in this respect besides keeping all AARs secure and ensuring their confidentiality."
18. Amendment of Regulation 55.—In Regulation 55, the words "one and a half times the basic pay last drawn" shall be substituted with the words "one gross salary (last drawn)".
19. Amendment of Regulation 73.—(1) In Regulation 73, sub-regulation (1), after the words "salaries of the employee" the words "or equivalent to the balance of contributory fund and gratuity available with the Authority in the employee's account whichever is less" shall be inserted.
(2) The sub-regulation (2) of Regulation 73, shall be omitted.
(3) The sub-regulation (3)(i) shall be substituted with the following :
"A vehicle advance agreement, on the Authority approved proforma, is to be executed between the employee and the Authority.
(4) In sub-regulation (3)(ii) of Regulation 73, the following sentence shall be inserted at the end:
"The employee shall also indemnify that the balance of contributory fund and the amount of gratuity available in his account with NEPRA shall serve as the collateral for the loan."
(5) In Regulation 73, after sub-regulation (5), the following new sub-regulations shall be inserted, namely,—
(5) Employees must have a minimum of three years of regular service at NEPRA to qualify for the advance.
(6) Employees in grades NPG-1 and above shall be eligible for motor car advance and if the advance sanctioned to them exceeds Rs. 500,000/-, it would be mandatory for them to purchase a new car. Employees in NSG-1 to 6 shall be allowed to apply advance only for the purchase of a new motor cycle with the maximum limit of
Rs. 100,000/-. Employees availing such advance shall submit the proof of the booking of vehicle within one month after issuance of loan by the Authority failing which the advance may be called back.
(7) Employees shall be eligible to avail Motor Car/Motor Cycle advance only once during entire service at the Authority.
(8) Employees having less than two years of service at their credit before retirement shall not qualify to apply for motor car / motor cycle advance.
(6) The sub-regulations (1), (2), (3) amended as aforesaid, (4) and (5), shall be renumbered as (1), (2), (3) and (4), respectively.
20. Amendment of Regulation 78.—(1) In Regulation 78, in sub-regulation (1), the rupee rates of daily allowances for officers & staff shall be substituted with the following:–
(Indexed upto lst July-2011)
(a) NEG 1 & 2 2,380/-
(b) NPG1 – NPG 4 1,904/-
(c) NSG5 & NSG 6 952/-
(d) NSG1 – NSG4 476/-
(2) In Regulation 78, in sub-regulation (2), the words "or as approved by NEPRA from time to time" appearing after the words "Federal Government" shall be deleted.
21. Substitution of Regulation 79.–The Regulation 79 shall be substituted with the following:
"The employees while on tour may stay in a hotel of their choice or in rest house (list of hotels as Appendix-7) while on official duty other than the station of their posting and claim reimbursement of the room rent as per actual. In case of self arranged accommodation for which no receipt is produced, the rates for each night stay will be allowed as equal to 1.5 times of the daily allowance."
22. Substitution of Regulation 94(1).—The sub-regulation (1) of Regulation 94 shall be substituted with the following:
"Outdoor Treatment For Minor Ailments–This will cover ailments of minor nature when the patient does not require stay in hospital and requires only consultation with a physician/general practitioner to obtain prescription and purchase of related medicines at facilities or hospitals designated by the Authority or from the open market. In case of treatment from NEPRA panel hospitals, 80% payment for such treatment shall be paid by NEPRA and 20% shall be charged to the employee.
If the treatment is availed from open market (other than the hospital on NEPRA panel), payment shall be reimbursed @ 80% of the actual cost or 80% of the cost of the same treatment (consultation and medical tests) at panel hospitals designated for the purpose, by the Authority, from time to time whichever is less.
This facility shall be available to all the employees and their families."
(2) In sub-regulation (2) of Regulation 94,—
(a) In clause (a), in the second line, after the word "declares" and before the word "that", the words and commas ", in writing," shall be inserted. In the same clause, in the same line, the word "as" shall be substituted with the words "would be".
(b) In clause (c), in the fourth line, after the words "allowed for officers" a comma is inserted and the subsequent words & parenthesis "(presently Shifa International Hospital Islamabad)" shall be omitted.
(c) In clause (d), in the fourth line, after the words "allowed for staff a comma is inserted and the subsequent words & parenthesis "(presently Ali Medical Center Islamabad)" shall be omitted.
23. Substitution of Regulation 97(4).—The sub-regulation (4) of Regulation 97 shall be substituted with the following:–
"During hospitalization, the employees or their family members will be entitled to the following types of accommodation:
NSG-1 to 6: Upto a maximum of approved rate for General Ward of the designated panel hospital for staff.
NPG-1 to 4: Upto a maximum of approved rate of Semi Private Room of the designated panel hospital for Officers.
NEG-1 to 2: Upto a maximum of approved rate of Private Room of the designated panel hospital for Officers."
24. Amendment of Regulation 105.—(1) In sub-regulation (1) of Regulation 105,—
(a) clause (b) shall be omitted.
(2) In sub-regulation (2) of Regulation 105,—
(a) clauses (b) & (d) shall be omitted.
(b) the clauses (b) & (d) omitted as aforesaid, clause (c) shall be renumbered as (b).
(c) after amending the sub-regulation (2) as aforesaid the following new clauses shall be inserted,—
“(c) Dismissal from service."
25. Substitution of Regulation 115.—The Regulation 115 shall be substituted with the following:
The Authority may allow an advance by way of loan to a deserving employee in NSG-1 to NSG-6 for following purposes at terms determined by the Authority subject to a maximum of six (6) months' gross salary availed by the employee at the time of approval of advance, provided that the employee has completed at least six (6) years of continuous regular service with NEPRA.
(a) Marriage of the employee and/or his/her children;
(b) Medical treatment abroad of the employee and/or his/her children, parents;
(c) Death of the employee's parents and/or his/her children;
(d) Repair/Maintenance/Construction of employee-owned house;
(e) Pursuing higher qualification by the employee.