GILGIT ACT NO. VI OF 2012
GILGIT-BALTISTAN COUNCIL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (ADAPTATION) ACT, 2012
An Act to adapt the Federal Public Service Commission Ordinance, 1977 of Pakistan and rules made therunder.
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 6th June, 2012]
No. C-1 (2)/2012 GBC—The following Act, passed by the Gilgit-Baltistan Council on 21st March, 2012 and authenticated by the Chairman, Gilgit-Baltistan Council/Prime Minister of Pakistan, is hereby published for general information.
WHEREAS, it is expedient to adapt the Federal Public Service Commission Ordinance, 1977 (XLV of 1977) and rules made thereunder, as in force in Pakistanand to provide for matters connected therewith or ancillary thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows :-
1. Short title, extent, application and commencement.—(1) This Act may be called the Gilgit-Baltistan Council Public Service Commission (Adaptation) Act, 2011.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
(3) It shall apply to persons applying for employment (BPS-16 and above) in the service of the Gilgit-Baltistan Council wherever they may be.
2. Adaptation of the Federal Public Service Commission Ordinance, 1977 of Pakistan.—(1) The Federal Public Service Commission Ordinance, 1977 (XLV of 1977), and all rules, notification and orders made thereunder, as in force in Pakistan before the commencement of this Act are adapted and shall, as far as practicable, be applicable to persons applying for employment in BPS-16 and above in Gilgit-Baltistan Council subject to the modification that,—
(a) the expression “Government”, “Federal Government”, “President”, or any other expression howsoever, worded, referring to any executive Government, shall, be construed to refer to “Gilgit-Baltistan Council”, and “Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat”; and
(b) the expression “Supreme Court” and “High Court” shall be construed to refer to “Gilgit-Baltistan Supreme Appellate Court” and “Gilgit-Baltistan Chief Court” respectively.
3. Removal of difficulty.—If any difficulty or question arises in given effect to the provisions of this Act or in regard to the construction to be placed on any adaptation, the Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat may, from time to time, make such provision or give such direction as appear to it to be necessary for the purpose of removing such difficulty.
Passed by the Gilgit-Baltistan Council on the 21st March, 2012.