11. Divisional Sports Committee.—There shall be Divisional Sports Committees which shall consist of the following:-
(a) Commissioner of the Division Member
(b) DIG Police of the Division Member
(c) Director LG of the Division Member
(d) Director Education Member
(e) A woman member shall be nominated
by the Chairman Member
(f) One non-official member nominated
by the Chairman from each District
of the Division. Member
(g) One representative of each five
Sports Organization of the Division
to be appointed by the Chairman for
a period of two years. Member
(h) Two Principals of the Colleges
one man and one female until the
creation of the post Divisional Sports
Officer the Director LG & RD of the
Division shall act as Secretary of
the Division. Member
12. Powers and Functions.—The Committee shall have the powers to:–
(i) Register the division sports organizations subject to such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.
(ii) To make grants-in-aid to such sports organizations as are registered with the Divisional Committee and the District Committees in the Division.
(iii) Take such disciplinary action as may be necessary against any sports organization of the division, its office bearers, or members as it deems fit in the interest of the games and in order to maintain discipline.
(iv) Collect sports share in the income of the Local Councils in accordance with policy instructions of the Government.
(v) See and ensure that the funds of the Division Sports Committee and its sub-ordinate organizations at district level are utilized exclusively for organization and promotion of sports and for no other purposes.
13. The fund of Divisional Sport Committee shall include:-
(a) Annual grants-in-aid from the Board.
(b) Special grant-in-aid from the Board.
(c) Donation, etc.
(d) Income from tournaments, matches, camps, stadia and other properties.
14. The Chairman, Divisional Sport Committee shall have the power to incur expenditure on sports in the Division in line with the policy and objectives laid down by the Board subject to such limits as may be prescribed.
15. The accounts of the Division Sports Committee shall be got audited in such a manner as may be prescribed.
16. A meeting of the Divisional Committee shall be held not less than once in six months. The Chairman shall, however, be competent to call additional meetings of the Committee.
17. For the meeting of the Committee, at least 1/3rd of the total membership shall form the quorum.
18. District Sports Committees.—There shall be District a District Sports Committee consisting of:-
(a) Deputy Commissioner of the District Chairman
(b) Four/five elected Members of Local
Council to be nominated by the Chairman
for a period of 2 years. Member
(c) Superintendent of Police of the District Member
(d) Assistant Director, of Local Government Member
(e) District Education Officer (Male) Member
(f) District Education Officer (Female) Member
(g) Five non-official members to be
nominated by the Deputy Commissioner
with at least one from each Tehsil Member
(h) Three representatives of District Sports
Associations to be appointed in rotation
for a period of two years. Member
(i) Two philanthropists/industrialists to
be nominated by the Chairman for a
period of two years Member
(j) Three female members to represent
women sports to be nominated by the
Chairman for a period of two years Member
(k) One Principal Member
(l) One Headmaster Member
(m) District Sports Organizers Ex-officio Secretary
19. Powers and Functions.—The Committee shall have the powers to:-
(i) Register District Sports Organizations and Clubs on such terms and condition as may be prescribed.
(ii) Make grants-in-aid to such sports organizations as are registered with the District Committees.
(iii) Take such disciplinary action as may be necessary against any District Organization and club in the District, its office bearers, or individuals interest of the game and in order to maintain discipline.
(iv) The grants sanctioned by the Chairman and expenditure incurred by him to be placed before the District Committee in its next meeting for approval.
20. (i) The accounts of the district Committee shall be audited in such manner as may be prescribed.
(ii) The Chairman shall have the powers to sanction funds and incur expenditure for organization and promotion of sports in the district subject to such as may be prescribed.
(iii) Collect share in the income of the Local Councils in accordance with instructions of the Government.
(iv) The fund of District Sports Committee shall include:-
(a) Annual grant-in-aid from the Board.
(b) Special grants-in-aid from the Board.
(d) Income from tournaments, matches, camps, stadia, local councils and properties.
21. The Committee shall meet at least once in six months. For a meeting, 1/3rd of the membership of the Committee shall form the quorum. The Chairman may, however, call additional meetings of the District committee as he may deem it necessary.
22. Registration.–The Provincial Sports Association shall be registered with the Sports Board Gilgit-Baltistan subject to such terms and conditions as may be prescribed under rules and regulations:
Provided that any other sports organization in the Province may be registered with the Board subject to such conditions as the Board Rules and Regulations may prescribe.
23. The Divisional Sports Organizations shall be registered with the Divisional Sports Committees subject to such terms and conditions as may be prescribed under Rules and Regulations.
24. The District Sport Organizations and clubs shall be registered with the District Sports Committee subject to such terms and conditions as may be prescribed through Rules and Regulations.
25. Penalties.—Wherever a Provincial Sports Association, Divisional, District, Sports Organization or a club is found to violate its constitution, Rules/Bye-Laws, the Board, Divisional, District, Committee, as the case may be, shall be competent to cancel the registration shall be made without giving the Association, Organization, Club, an opportunity of being heard:
Provided further that an appeal against an order of cancellation under this clause shall lie with the Board.
26. Funds, Accounts and Audit.—(1) There shall be a fund known as the Sports Board Gilgit-Baltistan Fund.
(2) The fund shall consist of:-
(a) The grants made by Government.
(b) Donations made by any person, institution or organization.
(c) Income accruing from any property of the Board with the prior approval of the Government; and
(3) The Board shall utilize the funds provided by the Government as grants-in-aid for the promotion and development of sports and games in the Province.
(4) The funds of the Board shall be maintained in such manner as prescribed by the Government in this behalf.
(5) The fund shall be utilized for encouragement and furtherance of games, sports and any other purpose incidental or ancillary to the purposes of this constitution.
27. The accounts of the Board shall be audited once in every financial year by the Accountant General Gilgit-Baltistan or his nominee.
28. The audit report shall be submitted to the Board and with the comments of the Board to Government, and the Board shall comply with any directions issued by the Government for rectification of an audit objection.
29. (1) The Secretary of the Board shall prepare the annual budget for the utilization of the funds to be approved by the Board in its meeting.
(2) The Board shall have full powers to incur expenditure.
(3) The executive committee shall have full powers to incur expenditure within the approved budget.
(4) The Chairman of the Board shall have such powers to sanction and incur expenditure as the Board may delegate with the prior approval of the Government.
(5) The sanction of various grants-in-aid accorded by the Chairman shall be placed before the Board in its next meeting for approval.
(6) The Secretary of the Board shall have full powers to incur expenditure on the items approved in the budget of the board.
30. The accounts of the Board shall be operated by the Secretary of the Board.
31. General Provision.–Government may give such directions to the Board or require it to furnish such documents, returns, statements or any other information regarding any matter under the control of the Board, and the Board shall comply with such direction or requisition.
32. The Chairmen and the Secretaries of the Board, Divisional and District Committees shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed through Rules and Regulations.
33. The Board may, subject to the approval of the Government, frame Rules and Regulations not inconsistent with the provision of this constitution to manage and run the affairs of the Board.