1. Short title and commencement.–(1) This Ordinance may be called the Foreigners (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Substitution of Section 14-D, Act XXXI of 1946.–In the Foreigners Act, 1946 (XXXI of 1946), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, for Section 14-D, the following shall be substituted, namely:–
“Registration of illegal immigrants.–(1) Any foreigner, who before commencement of this Ordinance has no permission to stay in Pakistan, shall for registration be required to make application on the format and in the manner as may be prescribed and shall be registered on that application by the National Database and Registration Authority established under the National Database and Registration Authority Ordinance, 2000 (VIII of 2000).
(2) The Federal Government may permit a foreigner, registered under sub-section (1), to work in Pakistan at such place, for such period and on payment of such fee as may by prescribed.”.
3. Insertion of new Section 17, Act XXXI of 1946.–In the said Act, after Section 16, the following new section shall be inserted, namely:–
“17. Repeal.–(1) The Alien Registration Authority (Composition and Functions) Order, 2001 is hereby repealed.
(2) On repeal, under sub-section (1), all assets and liabilities of the Alien Registration Authority shall stand transferred to the National Database and Registration Authority and shall be regulated under the National Database and Registration Authority Ordinance, 2000 (VIII of 2000).”.