ORDINANCE NO. XIV OF 2015
ISLAMABAD CAPITAL TERRITORY LOCAL GOVERNMENT (AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE, 2015
An Ordinance to amend the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government Act, 2015
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 15th October, 2015]
No. F. 2(1)/2015-Pub., dated 14.10.2015.–The following Ordinance promulgated by the President is hereby published for general information:–
WHEREAS, it is expedient to amend the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government Act, 2015 (X of 2015), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
AND WHEREAS the Senate and the National Assembly are not in session and the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 89 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:–
1. Short title and commencement.–(1) This Ordinance may be called the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of Section 2, Act X of 2015.–In the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government Act, 2015 (X of 2015), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, in Section 2, in sub-section (1), in clause (eee), the word “not” shall be omitted.
3. Amendment of Section 6, Act X of 2015.–In the said Act, in Section 6, in sub-section (3), after the word “notify”, the words “in the official Gazette” shall be inserted.
4. Amendment of Section 7, Act X of 2015.–In the said Act, in Section 7,–
(i) for sub-section (2), the following shall be substituted, namely:–
“(2) The Election Commission shall delimit Union Council into six wards for the election of members on general seats and into two wards consisting of three adjoining wards of the Union Council for the election of the two seats reserved for women.”; and
(ii) after sub-section (2) substituted as aforesaid, the following new, sub-section shall be added, namely;–
“(3) For the purpose of delimitation of a ward of a Union Council,–
(a) a ward shall consist of a census block or adjoining census blocks;
(b) boundaries of the wards shall not cross limits of the Union Council;
(c) population of wards in a Union Council shall as far as possible be uniform; and
(d) a Court, officer or authority shall not review or correct any delimitation of Union Council or ward after the notification of the election schedule.”.