(5) The Federal Government shall not consider any person for its nomination seats who may have filed his papers to contest election under any clause of sub-section (1) of Section 3.
(6) No person shall be considered for nomination under any clause who has been a member of the Council in any capacity whatsoever, during the last five years.
(7) For the purposes of making nominations under clause (e) of sub-section (1) of Section 3, the Federal Government shall ensure that all such nominees are of good standing in their respective fields of practice, with post graduate qualification from a recognized University.
(8) No person, shall be eligible to become a member of the Council if he himself, his spouse or children has any conflict of interest as owner or having any financial interest in a medical or dental institution.”.
5. Substitution of Section 10, Ordinance XXXII of 1962.–In the said Ordinance, for Section 10 the following shall be substituted, namely:–
“10. Executive Committee.–(1) The Executive Committee shall consist of nine members, of whom six shall be elected by the Council from amongst its members and of which at least one shall be a dental practitioner.
(2) The Director General Health, President and Vice-President of the Council shall be members of the Executive Committee.”.
6. Substitution of Section 33, Ordinance XXXII of 1962.–(1) In the Ordinance, for Section 33, the following shall be substituted, namely:–
“33. Power to make Regulations.–(1) The Council may, with the previous sanction of the Federal Government, make Regulations generally to carry out the purposes of this Ordinance, and, without prejudice to the generality of this power, such Regulations may provide for–
(a) the management of the property of the Council, maintenance and audit of its accounts;
(b) the summoning and holding of meetings of the Council, the times and places where such meetings are to be held, the conduct of business thereat and the number of members necessary to constitute a quorum;
(c) the powers and duties of the President and Vice – President;
(d) the mode of appointment of the Executive Committee and other Committees of the Council and their powers, the summoning and holding of meetings, and the conduct of business of such Committees;
(e) code of practice and ethics for the medical and dental practitioners;
(f) the appointment, powers, duties and procedures of medical and dental inspectors;
(g) the conditions and procedure for maintenance, compilation and publication of the Register of medical and dental practitioners and of health care providing facilities and their minimum requirements and the fees to be charged for registration and, if necessary, for opening of sub-offices or branches for this purpose;
(h) the procedure for any inquiry under sub-section (1) of Section 31;
(i) prescribing a uniform minimum standard of courses of training for obtaining graduate and post-graduate medical and dental qualifications included in the First, Third and Fifth Schedules;
(j) prescribing minimum requirements for the content and duration of courses of study as aforesaid;
(k) prescribing the conditions for admission to courses of training as aforesaid;
(l) prescribing minimum qualifications and experience required of teachers for appointment in medical and dental institutions;
(m) prescribing the standards of examinations, methods of conducting the examinations and other requirements to be satisfied for securing recognition of medical and dental qualifications under this Ordinance;
(n) prescribing the qualifications, experience and other conditions required for examiners for professional examinations in medicine and dentistry antecedent to the granting of recognized medical and dental and additional medical and dental qualifications;
(o) registration of medical or dental students at any medical or dental college or school or any university and the fees payable in respect of such registration;
(p) prescribing the qualifications, experience and other conditions required for examiners for professional examinations in medicine and dentistry antecedent to the granting of recognized medical and dental and additional medical and dental qualifications;
(q) registration of medical or dental students at any medical or dental college or school or any university and the fees payable in respect of such registration;
(r) laying down criteria including regulations for university affiliation conditions and requirements for recognition and continuation of recognition and for grant of status of a teaching institution of institutions and organizations under this Ordinance and on all connected matters of inspection of medical and dental institutions for recognition and continuation of recognition and inspection of examinations in these institutions and fee for such inspections;
(s) terms and conditions of service for all employees appointed under Section 9; and
(t) prescribing a uniform minimum standard for Continuous Professional Development for registered graduate and post-graduate medical and dental practitioners.”.
7. Substitution of Section 36-B, Ordinance XXXII of 1962.–In the Ordinance, for Section 36-B, the following shall be substituted, namely:–
“36-B. Transitory Provisions.–(1) On the commencement of this Ordinance, the members already notified by the Federal Government as the members of the Council shall automatically stand de-notified and shall cease to act or be the members of the Council or the Executive Committee, as the case may be.
(2) The Federal Government shall immediately notify a Management Committee for the interim period which shall perform all or any functions of the Council including day to day affairs and any other tasks as directed by the Federal Government, from time to time.
(3) The Federal Government shall notify the nominee members of the Council when the election results are ready to be announced. However, the nominee of the Chief Justice of Supreme Court of Pakistan shall be immediately notified so that he alongwith two other members of the Management Committee, conduct the elections of the Council.
(4) Elections of members and office bearers shall be conducted and completed by the Election Committee as provided for in sub-section (1) of Section 4, within one twenty days from the commencement of this Ordinance.
(5) The Management Committee shall comprise of as many as five members who shall be selected from the fields of medicine, finance and law. The Federal Government shall