(c) "Prescribed Authority" means the Secretary to the Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Defence, or any other officer designated by him for the purpose.
3. Raising of general transport companies and requisition of civil transport.-(1) The Prescribed Authority may on, behalf of the Federal Government, raise civil general transport companies and requisition civil transport whenever such raising and requisitioning is considered necessary or expedient, even prior to the declaration of emergency in Pakistan:
Provided that in the case of requisition of civil transport compensation shall be paid as may be prescribed by rules.
(2) The control over civil general transport companies and civil transport referred to in sub-section (1), may be exercised by members of the Armed Forces.
4. Provision of this Ordinance to be in addition to, and not in derogation of other laws. The provisions of this Ordinance shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, the provisions of any other law, rules or regulations for the time being in force authorizing the Federal Government to requisition civil transport for such purpose as specified in any such law rules or regulations.
5. Power to make rules.-(1) The Federal Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Ordinance.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) the procedure for raising of civil general transport companies and requisition of civil transport;
(b) the management, control and dissolution of civil general transport companies;
(c) fixation of pay and allowances to be paid to a driver and a conductor of the requisitioned civil transport;
(d) fixation of daily charges payable to an owner of the requisitioned civil transport; and
(e) extent of compensation payable to an owner of the requisitioned civil transport on account of any damage due to enemy action.