6. Where an appointing authority for [posts in basic pay scales 15 and below and equivalent] does not accept the recommendation of the appropriate Departmental Promotion Committee, it shall record reasons therefore and obtain orders of the next higher authority.
Part II -Appointment By Promotion Or Transfer
7. Promotions and transfers to posts in basic pay scales 2 to 16 and equivalent shall be made on the recommendations of the appropriate Departmental Promotion Committee and promotions and transfers to posts in basic pay scale 17 and above and equivalent shall be made on the recommendations of the Provincial Selection Board.
7-A. All transfers in BPS-18 and below in the Attached Departments and Subordinate Offices shall be made by Minister In charge except in cases of S & GAD and Police Department in which cases the respective Ministers will be consulted.
8. Persons as possess 'such' qualifications and fulfill the conditions laid down for the purpose of promotion or transfer to a post shall be considered by the Departmental Promotion Committee or the Provincial Selection Board, as the case may be.
9. Appointments by transfer shall be made from amongst the persons holding appointment on regular basis in [posts in same basic pay scale or equivalent to or identical with] the post to be filled in .
Part III-Initial Appointment
10. Initial appointments to posts in [basic pay scales 1 to 15 and equivalent] shall be made if the posts'
(a) fall within the purview of the Commission, on the basis of examination or test to be conducted by the Commission;
(b) do not fall within the purview of the Commission, in the manner as may be determined by Government.
11. Initial appointments to posts in [basic pay scales 1 to 15 and equivalent] shall be made on the recommendations of the Departmental Selection Committee after the vacancies in [posts in basic pay scales 3 to 15 and equivalent] have been advertised in newspapers.
12. A candidate for initial appointment to a post possess the educational qualifications and experience and, except as provided in the rules framed for the purpose of relaxation of age limit, must be within the age limits as laid down for the post.
13. A candidate for appointment shall be citizen of Pakistan and a domicile of the Province of Baluchistan:
Provided that this requirement may be relaxed with the approval of the Service and General Administration Department.
14. Vacancies in the under-mentioned posts shall be filled on Provincial basis with the merit and regional or District quota as determined by Government from time to time.
(i) Posts in [basic pay scale 16 and above and equivalent],
(ii) Posts in [basic pay scales 3 to 15 and equivalent] in offices which serve the whole Province.
15. Posts in [basic pay scales 3 to 15 and equivalent] in offices which serve only a particular region or District shall be filled by appointment of persons domiciled in the region or District concerned.
16. Posts in [basic pay scales 1 and 2 and equivalent] shall ordinarily be filled on local basis.
16-A. (1) Not less than one per cent of total number of persons (fraction of 0.5 or above to count as a whole number for purpose of calculating per cent) employed by a Government establishment or office at any time shall be disabled persons who on account of injury, disease or congenital deformity, is handicapped for undertaking any gainful profession or employment in order to earn his livelihood, and includes a person who is blind, deaf, physically handicapped or mentally retarded:
Provided that the nature and extent of disability of the persons concerned should not be such as to render him unable to perform the function or discharge the duty for which he is appointed.
(2) In case of a disabled person as defined in sub-rule (1) above the maximum upper age limit prescribed in the service recruitment rules for appointment to a post shall be relaxed by 10 years.
17. No candidate shall be appointed to a post unless after such medical examination as Government may prescribe is found to be in good mental any bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere the discharge of his duties.
Part IV-Ad Hoc And Temporary Appointments
18. When under the Baluchistan Public Service Commission (Functions) Rules, 1975, a post is required to be filled through the Commission, the appointing authority shall forward a requisition in the prescribed form to the Commission immediately it is decided to fill the post or, if that is not practicable and the post is filled on ad hoc basis as provided in rule 19, within two months of the filling of the post.
19. When the appointing authority considers it to he in the public interest to filling a post falling within the purview of the Commission urgently, it may, pending nomination of a candidate by the Commission, proceed to fill such post on ad hoc basis for a period not exceeding six months by advertising the same in accordance with the procedure laid down for initial appointment in Part III.
20. Short term vacancies in the posts falling within the purview of the Commission and vacancies occurring as a result of creation of temporary posts for period not exceeding six months, may be filled by the appointing authority otherwise than through the Commission on a purely temporary basis after advertising the vacancy.