Appointment of National Security Council and Oath of Office Order, 1999
(Order No. 6 of 1999).
30th October, 1999
In pursuance of the Proclamation of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999, and in exercise of all other powers enabling him in- that behalf, the Chief Executive is pleased to appoint a National Security Council, hereinafter referred to as the Council, to aid and advise him in the exercise of his functions as the Chief Executive.
1. This Order may be called Appointment of National Security Council and Oath of Office Order (Order No. 6 of 1999).
2. It shall come into force at once.
3. The Chief Executive shall be the Chairman of the Council which shall 'consist of the Chief of Naval Staff, the Chief of Air Staff and such other Members as may be appointed by the Chief Executive.
4. The Members of the Council shall hold office during the pleasure of the Chief Executive.
5. The Council shall be called by the Chief Executive to meet at such time and place as he may deem fit for deliberations.
6. The Council shall deliberate upon, discuss and tender advice to the Chief Executive on such matters as the Chief Executive may deem expedient and necessary to refer to the Council in national interest, inter alia, matters relating to national security, foreign affairs, law and order, corruption, accountability, recovery of bank loans and public debts from defaulters, finance, economic and social welfare, health, education, Islamic ideology, human rights, protection of minorities and women development so as to achieve the aims and objectives enshrined in the Objectives Resolution of 1949.