President promulgates “ Constitution (Second Amendment) Order
ISLAMABAD, Dec 14 President Pervez Musharraf has promulgated “Constitution (Second Amendment)” Order on Friday.
The ordinance shall come into force on and with effect from December 14, 2007.
Here is the text of the Order:
The following President’s Order promulgated by the President is hereby
published for general information:-
President’s Order No. 6 of 2007
Further to amend the Constitution
WHEREAS pursuant to the Proclamation of emergency of 3rd day of November, 2007 and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 2007, the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan has been held in abeyance;
AND WHEREAS the Provisional Constitution Order provides that the President may from time to time amend the Constitution, as is deemed expedient;
AND WHEREAS it is expedient to amend the Constitution for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
NOW, THEREFORE, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Order may be called the Constitution (Second Amendment) Order, 2007.
(2) It shall come into force on and with effect from the 14th day of December, 2007.
2. Amendment of the Constitution and removal of difficulties.- (1) The constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is hereby amended to the extent and in the manner specified in column 3 of the Schedule annexed to this Order.
(2) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any of the provisions of this Order, the President may make such provisions and pass such orders as he may deem fit.
(3) The validity of any provision made or orders passed under clause (1) and (2), shall not be called in question by or before any Court, including Supreme Court, Federal Shariat Court, a High Court, any forum or authority, on any ground whatsoever.
( See Article 2(1))
S.No Article/Chapter of Amendments made (1) (2) (3)
1. 41. In clause (3); the words, brackets
and figure “to be elected after the
expiration of the term specified in
clause (7)” shall be omitted and
shall be deemed to have been omitted
with effect from the 17th day of
2. 44. In clause (2), for the words “Subject
to the constitution” the words “Notwithstanding anything contained in the constitution” shall be substituted.