NATIONAL REGISTRATION RULES. 1975
Notification S.R.O. 177 (1)/75.— ln exercise of the powers conferred by section 15 of the National Registration Act, 1973 (LVI of 1973), the Federal Government is pleased to make the following rules, namely ;
1. Short title and commencement.– These rules may be called the National Registration Rules, 1975.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— ln these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context :-
(a) 'Act' means the National Registration Act, 1973 (LVI of 1973);
(b) 'Schedule' means Schedule to these rules ;
(c) 'Section' means section of the Act.
3. Application forms and authorities to whom these are to be submitted.– (1) An application for registration under sub-section (2) of section 4 shall be in the appropriate form set out in the Schedule and shall be made to any of the following authorities, namely :-
(a) the District Registrar;
[(b) Registration counters established for the purpose ; and]
(c) the Mobile Team of the Registration Organization ;
(2) An application for:
(a) intimating the birth of a child : Omitted by S.R.O. 67 (1)/79.
(b) Surrendering an identity card in pursuance of section, 7,
(c) obtaining a duplicate copy of an identity card; and
(d) getting any change incorporated in identity card, shall be in the appropriate form set out in the Schedule and shall be made to the authority to whom the application under clause (a) of sub-section (2) of section 4 or, as the case may be, clause (b) of that sub-section was originally submitted.
(3) Application under sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (2) of a citizen outside Pakistan shall be forwarded to the Registrar General, Registration Organization, Islamabad, through the Pakistan Mission in the country where the applicant resides.
(4) An application under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 4 shall be made in duplicate and one copy thereof shall be returned to the applicant duly signed by the receiving authority.
3-A. Declarations to be made by certain persons.– Every person who has, at any time before commencement of this rule, made an application for registration under rule-section (2) of section 4, including any such person to whom an identity card has already been issued, shall, if he had mentioned in such application his religion to be Islam or himself to be a Muslim, -and has not made such declaration, field with the authority to whom such application was made a declaration in form R.G.I./(A) set out in the Schedule.
4. Time limits for certain applications.-[(1) Application for registration of a newly born child shall be made by his parent or guardian within sixty days of the birth of the child].
(2) Application for obtaining a duplicate copy of an identity card shall be made within thirty days of the less or destruction of the original identity card.
(3) Application for getting may change incorporated in an identity card may be made at any time.
(4) Application for the registration of death of a citizen under eighteen years of age shall be made by his parents or guardian within period of sixty days of the occurrence of his death.
5. Persons 'who may verify the application form.– The following persons are authorised to verify or attest the application forms, namely :-
(a) members of the Senate, the National Assembly, a Provincial Assembly and a local body ;
(b) Gazetted officers;
(c) officers of civil Armed Force and Armed Force;
(d) medical practitioners in the service of Government;
(e) Police officers of the rank of S.H.O. and above ;
(f) officers of the levy ;
(g) officers of grade 16 and the above of the Post office Department, and, in areas in which is on such officer, the branch postmasters, and sub-postmaster; .
(h) headmasters or headmistresses of Government schools;
(i) Principals and Lecturers of Government Colleges ;
(j) Numberdars; and
(k) officers of the Revenue Department of the rank of Naib-Tehsildar and above.
(2) In case the person verifying or attesting an application is illiterate, he shall verify or attest the application by putting his left hand thumb-impression which shall be countersigned by the supervisor of Mobile Team of the Registration Organization or by any of the persons authorised under sub-rule (1) who is not illiterate.
(3) A person verifying or attesting an application shall write or cause to be written his full name legibly under this signature or thumb-impression and shall also put his office stamp under it.
(4) A person shall verify or attest the application only if he knows the applicant personally or through some one else and the applicant belongs to the area where such person lives or works.