FOREIGN CULTURAL ASSOCIATIONS (REGULATION OF FUNCTIONING)
ACT LXXIX OF 1975
18th December, 1975
An Act to provide for the regulation of the functioning of foreign cultural associations.
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 13th December 1975, and is hereby published for general information :–
Whereas it is expedient to provide for the regulation of the functioning of foreign cultural associations.
It is hereby enacted as follows :—
- Short title, extent and commencement.-(l) This Act may be called the Foreign Cultural Associations (Regulation of Functioning) Act, 1975.
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
- Definitions.– ln this Act unless there is anything in the subject or context.’
(a) ‘foreign cultural association’ means an association, by whatever name called, having as its object the promotion of cultural and friendly relations between Pakistan and a foreign country and includes a branch of such association; and
(b) ‘prescribed’ means prescribed by rules made under section 15.
- Formation of foreign cultural association.-No foreign cultural association shall be formed with the object of, engaging itself in, propagating any opinion or acting in any manner, prejudicial to the ideology, integrity, security, Constitution or system of Government of Pakistan or Pakistan’s relations with any foreign country or contrary to morality or any law for the time being in force.
(2) A foreign cultural association shall have only one head office, but may, with the prior permission in writing of the Federal Government, set up a branch at the principal seat of a Provincial Government.
(3) Every foreign cultural association shall appoint its President with the approval of the Federal Government in the prescribed manner.
(4) No new foreign cultural association shall be set up or shall start functioning unless registered by the Federal Government and such regulation may be granted subject to such conditions as the Federal Government may specify.