(ii) Human Resource Management
(iii) Community Organization
(iv) Registration Office
(v) Enterprise and Investment Promotion.
(vi) Legal advice
(viii) Planning & Development
(ix) Public Health
(x) Information Technology Development
(xi) Information Technology Promotion
(xiii) Literacy Campaigns
(xiv) Continuing Education
(xv) Vocational Education
Part – C
Groups of Offices
(i) District Coordination: Coordination, Human Resource Management and Civil Defence.
(ii) Agriculture: Agriculture (Extension), Livestock, Farm Water Management, Soil Conservation, Soil Fertility, Fisheries, Forests and Wildlife.
(iii) Community Development: Community Organization, Labour, Social Welfare, Sports and Culture, Cooperatives, and Registration office.
(iv) Education: Boys Schools, Girls Schools, Technical Education, Colleges, (other than professional) Sports (Education) and Special Education.
(v) Finance and Planning: Finance & Budget, Planning & Development, Accounts, Enterprise and Investment Promotion.
(vi) Health: Public Health, Basic & Rural Health, Child & Woman Health, Population Welfare, District and Tehsil (Hqrs.) hospitals.
(vii) Information Technology: Information Technology Development, Information Technology Promotion, and Database.
(viii) Law: Litigation, Legal advice, Legislation, and *Environment.
(ix) Literacy: Literacy Campaigns, Continuing Education, and Vocational Education.
(xi) Revenue: Land Revenue & Estate and Excise and Taxation.
(xiii) Works and Services: **Housing, Urban & Rural Development, District Roads and Buildings, Energy and Transport.
Group of Offices Offices
(i) Public Transport Public transportation and mass transit
Passenger and freight transit terminals
Traffic planning, engineering and parking
(ii) Enterprise and Investment
Promotion Industrial estates
and technological parks
Cottage, small and medium sized
Investment promotion and protection
(iii) Depending upon the economies of scale and nature of infrastructure the City District Government may set up district municipal offices for integrated development and management of the following services:
- Water source development and management, storage, treatment plants, and macro-distribution.
- Sewage tertiary and secondary network, treatment plants, and disposal.
- Storm water drainage network and disposal.
- Flood control protection and rapid response contingency plans.
- Natural disaster and civil defence planning.
- Solid waste management, treatment and disposal, including land fill cities and recycling plants.
- Industrial and hospital hazardous and toxic waste treatment and disposal.
- Environmental control, including control of air, water, and soil pollution in accordance with federal and provincial laws and standards.
- Land use, zoning and classification, reclassification.
- Urban design and urban renewal programme; promulgation of building rules and planning standards.
- Parks, forests, play grounds, sporting, and other recreational facilities.
- Museums, art galleries, libraries, community and cultural centres.
- Conservation of historical and cultural assets
- Landscape, monuments, and municipal ornamentation.
- Urban and housing development, including urban improvement and upgrading, and urban renewal and redevelopment, with care being taken to preserve historical and cultural monuments.
- Regional markets and city-wide commercial centres.
ANNEX – II
PROVINCIAL LEVEL CURRENT BUDGET ESTABLISHMENT COST SUMMARY
BY DISTRICT / TEHSIL / TOWN UNIONS
|S. No.||Name of District, Or Tehsil, Or Town, Or Union||Amount Rs.|
PROVINCIAL LEVEL CURRENT BUDGET
PROVINCIAL LEVEL BUDGET CURRENT / DEVELOPMENT DETAILS OF BLOCK ALLOCATIONS
ANNEX – V
DEVELOPMENT BUDGET (PROVINCIAL LEVEL) CLASSIFICATION OF ADP SCHEMES BUDGETED AT PROVINCIAL LEVEL
|CAT 1||CAT 2||CAT 3||CAT 4|
CAT 1 Schemes of Provincial Departments / Offices
CAT 2 Inter District schemes
CAT 3 Foreign Aided Projects/schemes which cannot be decentralized/entrusted
CAT 4 Other categories
ANNEX – VI
DEVELOPMENT BUDGET (DISTRICT GOVERNMENT) CLASSIFICATION OF ADP SCHEMES
|ADP #||NAME OF SCHEME||AMOUNT|
|CAT 1||CAT 2||CAT 3||CAT 4|
CAT 1 Schemes of District Offices
CAT 2 Inter Tehsil / Town schemes
CAT 3 Tehsil / Town level schemes which cannot be decentralized
CAT 4 Other categories
[See Sections 39(b), 54(l), 67(i) & 88(b)]
- Education tax.
- Health tax.
- Tax on vehicles other than motor vehicles.
- Any other tax authorised by the Government.
- Local rate on lands assessable to land revenue.
- Fees in respect of schools, colleges, and health facilities established or maintained by the district government.
- Fees for licences granted by the district government.
- Fees for specific services rendered by a district government.
- Collection charges for recovery of tax on behalf of the Government.
- Toll on new roads, bridges, within the limits of a district, other than national and provincial highways and roads.
Tehsil and Town Councils
- Local sales tax on services.
- Tax on the transfer of immovable property.
- Property tax on annual rental value of buildings and lands.
- Fee on advertisement/billboards.
- Fee for fairs, agricultural shows, cattle fairs, industrial exhibitions, tournaments and other public events.
- Fee for approval of building plans and erection and re-erection of buildings.
- Fee for licenses or permits and penalties or fines for violation of the licensing rules.
- Charges for execution and maintenance of works of public utility like lighting of public places, drainage, conservancy, and water supply.
- Fee on cinemas, dramatical, theatrical shows and tickets thereof, and other entertainment.
- Collection charges for recovery of any tax on behalf of the Government, District Government, Union Administration or any statutory authority.
- Fees for licensing of professions and vocations.
- Fee on sale of animals in cattle markets.
- Market fees.
- Fees for certification of births, marriages and deaths.
- Charges for specific services rendered by the union council.
- Rate for the remuneration of union guards.
- Rate for the execution or maintenance of any work of public utility like lighting of public places, drainage, conservancy and water supply.
Note: The Local Government Tax structure is under review by a joint Committee of the Ministry of Finance and N.R.B will be finalised in juxtaposition with its recommendations