GWADUR (APPLICATION OF CENTRAL LAWS) ORDINANCE, 1960.
Ordinance No. XXXVII of 1960.
31st August, 1960
An Ordinance for applying to Gwadur all Central laws which are or may hereafter be in force in the Mekran District in the Kalat Division of the Province of West Pakistan.
whereas Gwadur, being acceded to Pakistan on the eighth day of September, 1958, became on that day one of the territories included in Pakistan;
and whereas Article 2 of the Gwadur (Government and Administration) Order, 1958, provides that until otherwise determined by competent authority, Gwadur shall, for purposes of government and administration, and all matters connected therewith, constitute part of the Mekran District in the Kalat Division of the Province of West Pakistan; and whereas it is expedient to apply to Gwadur all Central laws which are or may hereafter be in force in the aforesaid Mekran District;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the seventh day of October, 1958, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:—
- Short title. This Ordinance may be called the Gwadur (Application of Central Laws) Ordinance, 1960.
- Application of central laws. —(1) All Central Acts, including all Orders and other enactments, and all notifications, rules, bye-laws or directions made or issued thereunder, which were in force in the District of Mekran in the Kalat Division of the Province of West Pakistan immediately before the eighth day of September, 1958, shall be and shall be deemed to have been in force in Gwadur with effect from the said day, and shall continue in force, subject always to such amendments as may have been or may be made therein by or under proper authority.
(2) For the removal of doubt, it is hereby declared that any Central law made for or extended to the whole of Pakistan, or the whole of West Pakistan, on or after the aforesaid day, shall extend, or shall be deemed to have extended, to Gwadur.
- Savings. —(1) Any law or legal instrument having the force of law in Gwadur (hereinafter called Gwadur law) in force immediately before the eighth day of September, 1958 and corresponding to the provisions of any Central law applied by the preceding section, shall stand repealed on and from the said day, and shall be deemed to have been re-enacted by such Central law, as if the Gwadur law were a Central Act, and the provisions of the General Clauses Act, 1897, shall apply accordingly.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-section (1), anything done, action taken, right accrued, or liability, penalty, forfeiture or punishment incurred, under any Gwadur law on or after the eighth day of September, 1958, and immediately before the commencement of this Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been validly done, taken, accrued or incurred, as the case may be, and the Central law by which such Gwadur law is deemed to have been re-enacted shall, to that extent, be deemed not to have come into force during that period.