4. Calculation of provisional rate. (1) The provisional rate shall be calculated by the Authority at the time of framing its budget for the ensuing year by increasing the estimated expenditure of the Authority in that year by five percent and dividing the result by the number of units of water estimated likely to be supplied during that year.
(2) If any question arises between the Authority and the constituent body as to the supply of water to be estimated in calculating the provisional rate the decision of the chairman of the Authority there on shall be final.
5. Calculation of final issue rate. The final issue rate shall be calculated by the Authority for each year after the accounts of that year have been closed, by dividing the total expenditure of the Authority during that year by the total number of units supplied by the Authority during that year to the constituent bodies and other bulk consumers.
6. For the purposes of paragraphs 4 and 5 of these Regulations the expenditure of the Authority shall be deemed to be the total expenditure water Supply Systems and shall be deemed to include’
(a) all establishment charges including expenditure on repair or maintenance not debitable to any fund established under Article 24 of the Order;
(b) any repayment of principal and payment of interest in respect of any loan taken by the Authority under Article 18 of the Order ;
(c) any repayment of principal and payment of interest to the Central Government for the Provincial Government in respect of any sum or grant deemed to be a loan under Article 120 of the Order ;
(d) any payment into any fund established under Article 24 of the Order after deduction of such income, if any, from interest on the balances of the fund as is, under any Regulation made under that Article to be deemed to be current revenue of the Authority;
(e) any payment to the Provincial Government for water supplied from the Kalri Canal system or subject to the previous approval of the Provincial Government for water supplied from any other source.
7. In case of difference between the provisional rate and the final issue rate for any year, the sum due from any constituent body to the Authority shall be re-calculated according to the final issue rate and any excess or deficient charges then appearing shall be due, as the case may be, from or to the Authority accordingly :
Provided that in the case of an excess, the sum due by the Authority shall be set off against any sum due to the Authority by the constituent body concerned in respect of water supplied by the Authority.