National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Fees pertaining to Tariff Standards and Procedure) Regulations, 2002
In exercise of the powers conferred under section 47 of the Regulation of Generation, Transmission and Distribution of Electric Power Act, 1997 (XL of 1997), read with Rule 3(1) of the Tariff Standards and Procedures Rules, 1998, National Electric Power Regulatory Authority hereby notifies the following regulations, namely:-
1. Title and Commencement.–-(1) These regulations may be called the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Fees pertaining to Tariff Standards and Procedure) Regulations, 2002.
They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.—In these regulations, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,–
(i) “Act” means the Regulation of Generation, Transmission and Distribution of Electric Power Act, 1997 (XL of 1997);
(ii) “financial year” means consecutive period of twelve calendar months commencing on the first day of July of any year and ending on the thirtieth day of June of the following year; and
(iii) “Schedule” means the schedule to these regulations.
3. Payment of Fees.— (1) A licensee or any person other than the licensee, as the case may be, shall pay to the Authority the fees calculated in the amount, manner and the purpose specified in the schedule from time to time.
(2) The fees payable by the licensee or any person other than the licensee, as the case may be, shall be paid in one or more accounts of the Authority designated for the purpose.
(3) The fees shall be considered paid to the Authority only when the amount is credited to the account of the Authority.
(4) The Authority may from time to time, by notification in the official gazette, alter or modify the manner or time of payment, calculation or the amount of fees specified in the schedule, provided further that, any increase in the fees shall be effective only in respect of the following financial year in which the increase is notified.
1. Fees in relation to the provisions of the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Tariff Standards and Procedure) Rules, 1998.
i) Tariff Petition
Category Fee (in million Rupees)
(a) Generation Licensee 2.50
(b) Transmission Licensee 2.50
(c) Distribution Licensee with 2.50 Distribution system extending above 100 KM
(d) Distribution Licensee with 1.00 limited Distribution System extending upto 100 KM
(e) Industrial & Commercial 0.10 Consumer
(f) Bulk consumer (single-point/ 0.20 multi-point bulk supply consumers other than industrial, commercial consumers)
(g) Industry, Trade Association 1.00 or other representative bodies
(h) Residential Consumers 0.025
(i) Agricultural Consumers & Others 0.050
ii) Intervention Request Rs. 500/-
iii) (a) Copies of transcripts Rs.5 per page of record, decisions and orders of the Authority
(b) Audio-recording Rs.200 per cassette
(c) Video-recording Rs.500 per cassette
INDEXATION OF FEES
1. Any and all fees payable pursuant to these regulations shall be indexed to the Consumer Price Index (“CPI”) published from time to time by the Federal Bureau of Statistics.
2. The indexation shall be done on the basis of the most recent CPI prevailing on the date of payment of the fees and shall be increased or decreased, as the case may be, in accordance with the following formula:-
Fpd = Ft [CPI pd / CI rd]
Fpd = The actual fee payable on the date of payment
Ft = The respective fee set out in Part I of this schedule
CPI pd = The most recent CPI prevalent on the last day of the month immediately
preceding the month in which the payment is due.
CPI rd = The reference or base CPI, prevalent on the last day of the month in which these regulations are notified in the official gazette.