THE SINDH LAND REVENUE ACT, 1967
Updated up to THE SINDH LAND REVENUE (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2013.
7th DECEMBER, 1967
[First Published, after having received the assent of the Governor of West Pakistan, in the Gazette of West Pakistan (Extraordinary) dated the 7th December, 1967.]
An ACT to consolidate and amend the law relating to Land Revenue in the Province of Sindh.
WHEREAS it is expedient to consolidate and amend the law relating to the making and maintenance of records-of-rights, the assessment and collection of land revenue, the appointment and functions of Revenue Officers and other matters connected with the Land Revenue Administration in the Province of Sindh, or incidental thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows: –
1. Short title extent and commencement-
(1) This Act may be called the Sindh Land-Revenue Act, 1967.
(2) It extends to the whole of the Province of Sindh.
(3) It or any specified provision thereof shall come into operation in such area or areas and on such date or dates as Government may, by notification, appoint in this behalf.
2. Power to except any area from provisions unsuited thereto-
(1) Should the circumstances of any area in which this Act, or any specified provision thereof, has been brought into force be such that, in the opinion of Government, that provision, or any other provision of the Act, is unsuited thereto, Government may, by notification, except that area from the operation of such provisions, and thereupon those provisions shall not apply to such area until the notification is rescinded.
(2) While such exception as aforesaid remains in force. Government may frame rules for the regulation of the matters so excepted. So far as may be, the rules shall be consistent with the provisions of this Act and shall specify the period for which such exception shall remain in force.
3. Exclusion of certain land from operation of this Act-
(1) Except so far as may be necessary for the record, recovery and administration of village-cess or for purposes of survey, nothing in this Act applies to land which is occupied as the site of a town or village, and is not assessed to land revenue.
(2) It shall be lawful for the Collector acting under the general or special orders of the Board of Revenue, to determine, for the purposes of this Act, what lands are included within the site of a town or village, and to fix and from time to time to vary the, limits of the same, regard being had to all the subsisting right of the land-owners.