THE PUNJAB CIVIL SERVICES
(Delegation of Powers) RULES, 1983
22nd November, 1983.
In exercise of the powers conferred on him by Article 241 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan read with provisional Constitution Order, 1981 (CMLA’s Order, I of 1981) the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make the following Rules, namely:
1. Short title and commencement: (1) These rules may be called the Punjab (Civil Services) Delegation of Powers Rules, 1983.
(2) They shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. Definitions: In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires the following expressions shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say:
(a) ‘Appendix’ means an appendix to these rules:
(b) ‘Chief Secretary’: means the Chief Secretary to Government.
(c) ‘Government’ means the government of the Punjab.
3. Powers of appointing authorities: All authorities competent to transfer, suspend and take other disciplinary action against a Government servants whom they are competent to appoint.
4. Powers of other authorities: (a) The authorities competent to transfer, suspend and take other disciplinary action against a Government servant shall have the powers indicated in Appendix B in respect of the Government servants whom they are competent to transfer, suspend or take other disciplinary action,.
(b) The authorities declared as Controlling officers by the Administrative Department shall have the powers of Controlling officers in respect of Civil Servants for whom they have been declared as such.
5. The authorities specified in column 2 of Appendix ‘C’ shall have the powers of the appointing authority shown in column 3 of the said Appendix in respect of such Government servants under their administrative control, as are indicated in column 4 thereof.
6. Powers of Chief Secretary: The Chief Secretary shall, in addition to the powers vested in him under rules 3 and 4, have the powers indicated in Appendix D.
7. Powers of the Administrative Department: The Administrative Department shall exercise the powers in column 2 of Appendix ‘E’ to the extent mentioned in column 3. In addition, the Administrative Secretaries shall have powers in respect of ministerial establishment employed/posted in the respective Secretariat Departments with regard to the following items mentioned in Appendix ‘A’ subject to the condition specified in column 3 thereof against each item.
8. The Heads of Attached Departments and other sub-ordinate authorities mentioned in column 3 of Appendix ‘F’ shall exercise powers in the cases detailed in column 2 to the extent specified in column 4.
9. Powers to be in supersession of existing powers: The powers delegated under these rules shall be in supersession of the powers delegated under any rule, order, notification or instrument in force in the Punjab. Where, however, these rules make no provision, the delegations in force immediately before the issue of these rules will continue to remain in force.
10. The West Pakistan (Civil Services) Delegation of Powers Rules, 1962 are hereby repealed.