Punjab Civil Servants (Ratios of Recruitment) Rules, 1973
1. Short title, application and commencement: (1) These Rules may be called the Punjab Civil Services (Ratios of Recruitment) Rules, 1973.
(2) These rules shall apply to the recruitment of all the posts and Services under the rule-making power of the Governor of the Punjab.
(3) They shall come into force at one.
2. Definitions: In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires.
(a) ‘Post’ means a civil post in connection with the affairs of the Province.
(b) ‘Province’ means the Province of the Punjab.
(c) ‘Recruitment’ means appointment to any post or Service by promotion or initial appointment.
(d) ‘Service’ means a civil service of the Province.
3. Method of recruitment: Notwithstanding anything contained in any set of Service/Recruitment Rules in their application to the Province of the Punjab whereby certain portion or percentage of vacancies in any Service or post are to be filled in one-manner and the remaining portion or percentage of such vacancies in another manner, the ratio of recruitment shall be applied to the total number of the posts in the cadre so as to maintain the prescribed percentage in the overall strength of the cadre and not to the actual vacancies existing at a given time.
[Provided that the marginal benefit of fraction exceeding or equal to 50% shall go to the share of departmental promotion wherever a percentage is prescribed both for promotion and initial recruitment.]