(Pb Ord XLV of 2001)
[14th November, 2001]
An Ordinance further to amend the Punjab Debtors’ Protection Act, 1936.
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Punjab Debtors’ Protection Act, 1936 (II of 1936), in the manner hereinafter appearing;
And whereas the Provincial Assembly of the
And whereas under Article 4 of the Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order No.9 of 1999, as amended by the Chief Executive Order No. 11 of 2000, the Governor of a Province may issue and promulgate an Ordinance;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the aforesaid powers and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Debtors’ Protection (Amendment) Ordinance, 2001.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on and from the 14th day of August, 2001.
2. Amendment in section 2 of Act II of 1936.- In the said Act, in section 2 clause (6) sub clause (iv) for the words, comma and figure “Companies Act, 1913” the words, comma and figure “Companies Ordinance, 1984” shall be substituted.
3. Amendment in section 3 of Act II of 1936.- In the said Act, in section 3-
(i) in clause (2) after the word “the” and before the word “or” the words “Deputy Commissioner” of a district” shall be omitted and instead the following shall be inserted:
“Collector of a district appointed under the Punjab Land Revenue Act, 1967 (XVII of 1967)”; and
(ii) in clause (3) the word “Commissioner” wherever occurring shall be substituted by the words and brackets “Executive District Officer (Revenue)”, the words “a Division” shall be substituted by the words “the district” and the word “a” occurring for the second time shall be substituted by the word “an”.
4. Amendment in sections 6 and 6-A of Act, II of 1936.- In the said Act, in section 6 and 6-A the word “Commissioner” shall be substituted by the words and brackets “Executive District Officer (Revenue)”