FOREIGNERS (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2016
An Act further to amend the Foreigners Act, 1946
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 29th April, 2016]
ACT NO. XX OF 2016
No. F. 22(34)/2015-Legis., dated 28.4.2016.–The following Act of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) received the assent of the President on the 26th April, 2016 and is hereby Published for general information:–
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Foreigners Act, 1946 (XXXI of 1946) for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:–
1. Short title and commencement.–(1) This Act may be called the Foreigners (Amendment) Act, 2016.
(2) It shall came, into force at once
2. Substitution of Section 14D, Act XXXI of 1946.–In the Foreigners Act, 1946 (XXXI of 1946), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, for Section 14D, the following shall be substituted, namely:–
“14D. Registration of illegal immigrants.–(1) Any foreigner who, before commencement of this Act, has no permission to stay in Pakistan shall for registration be required to make application on the format and in the manner as may be prescribed and shall be registered on that application by the National Database and Registration Authority established under the National Database and Registration Authority Ordinance, 2000 (VIII of 2000).
(2) The Federal Government may permit a foreigner, registered under sub-section (1). to work in Pakistan at such place, for such period and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.”.
3. Insertion of new Section 17, Act XXXI of 1946.–In the said Act, after Section 16, the following new section shall be added, namely:–
“17. Repeal.–(1) The Alien Registration Authority (Composition and Functions) Order, 2001 is hereby repealed.
(2) On repeal under sub-section (1) all assets and liabilities of the Alien Registration Authority shall stand transferred to the National Database and Registration Authority and shall be regulated under the National Database and Registration Authority Ordinance. 2000 (VIII of 2000).