GILGIT- BALTISTAN COUNCIL (ADAPTATION) OF LAWS ACT, 2013
An Act to adapt and enforce certain laws of Pakistan in Gilgit-Baltistan
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 18th December, 2013]
GILGIFT ACT, II OF 2013
No. C-1(2)/2013 GBC.–The following Act, passed by the Gilgit-BaUistan Council on 6th December, 2013 and authenticated by the Chairman, Gilgit-Baltistan Council/Prime Minister of Pakistan, is hereby published for general information.
WHEREAS it is necessary to adapt and to enforce certain laws of Pakistan in Gilgit-Baltistan;
It is hereby enacted as follows:–
- Short title, extent and commencement.–(1) This Act may be called the Gilgit-Baltistan Council Adaptation of Laws Act, 2013.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of Gilgit-Baltistan.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
- Interpretation.–In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, ‘previous law’ shall mean a law in force in the Gilgit-Baltistan territory immediately before the commencement of this Act and corresponding to any law adapted by this Act.
- Adaptation of laws.–The laws of Pakistan specified in the Schedule to this Act, and all rules, notifications and orders made thereunder and in force immediately before the commencement of this Act are adapted and shall, as far as may be practicable, be in force in Gilgit-Baltistan subject to the following modifications, namely:–
(1) the expressions ‘Government’, ‘Federal Government’, President’ or any other expressions howsoever worded, referring to any Executive Government, shall, as far as may be practicable, be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Council and reference to Pakistan or any part of Pakistan shall be construed to refer to Gilgit-Baltistan; and
(2) the expression ‘Provincial Government’ shall be construed to refer to the Gilgit-Baltistan Government.
- Previous laws to cease to have effect.–If immediately before the coming into force of this Act, there is in force in Gilgit-Baltistan any law corresponding to any law adapted by this Act, it shall, subject to the other provisions of this Act, cease to have effect on and from the date of the commencement of this Act:
Provided that the provisions of this Act shall not render invalid anything duly done before the coming into force of this Act under the provisions of any previous law.
- Removal of difficulty.–If any difficulty or question arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act or in regard to the construction to be placed on any adaptation, the Council may, from time to time, make such provisions or give such directions as appear to it to be necessary for the purpose of removing such difficulty.
[See Section 3]
(a) The Electricity Act, 1910 (No. IX of 1910).
(b) The Medical Diploma Act, 1939 (No. XXVIII of 1939).
(c) The Pakistan Armed Forces Nursing Service Act, 1952 (No. XXXVI of 1952).
(d) The Medical Qualifications (Information) Ordinance, 1960 (No. LXV of 1960).
(e) The Allopathic System (Prevention of Misuse Ordinance, 1960 (No. LXVof 1960).
(f) The Medical and Dental Council Ordinance, 1962 (No. XXXII of 1962).
(g) The Unani, Ayurvedic and Homeopathic Act, 1965 (No. II of 1965).
(h) The Pakistan Nursing Council Act, 1973 (No. XXVI of 1973).
(i) The Representation of the People Act, 1976 (No. LXXXV of 1976).
(j) The Medical and Dental Degrees Ordinance, 1982 (No. XXVI of 1982).
(k) The Medical Officers (Regularization of appointment) Act, 1992 (No. XVI of 1992).
(l) The Protection of Economic Reforms Act, 1992 (No. XII of 1992).
(m) The Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council Act, 1996 (No. Ill of 1996).
(n) The Pakistan Engineering Council (Amendment) Act, 2011 (II of 2011).
(o) The Industrial Development Bank of Pakistan (Reorganization and Conversion) Act, 2011 (XII of 2011).
(p) The National Commission on the Status of Women Act, 2012 (VIII of 2012).
(q) The State Bank of Pakistan (Amendment) Act, 2012 (IX of 2012).
(r) The Modaraba Companies and Modarabas (Floatation and Control) (Amendment) Act, 2012 (XI of 2012).
(s) The Contempt of Court Act, 2012 (XVIII of 2012).
(t) The Intellectual Property Organization of Pakistan Act, 2012 (XXII of 2012).
(u) The Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2012 (XXIV of 2012).
(v) The Special Economic Zones Act, 2012 (XX of 2012).
(w) The Trade Organizations Act, 2013 (II of 2013).