ORDINANCE IX OF 1977
An Ordinance to abolish land revenue in the Province of Baluchistan
No. Legis. 1-47/Law/71. Vol. III.-The following Ordinance made by the Governor of Baluchistan on
Preamble.–Whereas it is expedient to abolish land revenue in the
And whereas the Governor Is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the fifth day of July 1977, read with the Laws (Continuance in Force) Order, 1977 (C.M.L.A.’s Order No. 1 of 1977) and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of
1. Sort title, extent and commencement.–(1) This Ordinance may be called the Baluchistan Land Revenue (Abolition) Ordinance, 1977.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of the
(3) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on anti from 5th Day of January 1977.
2. Abolition of Land Revenue.–Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Baluchistan Land Revenue Act, 1967, or any other law for the time being in force, no land revenue, as defined in the Baluchistan Land Revenue Act, 1967, becoming due as from Rabi 1976-77 shall be assessed, levied or charged.
3. Saving.--Nothing contained in section 2 of this Ordinance shall be construed to affect the liability of any person to pay the land revenue which bath become due before Rabi 1976-77, or the assessment, levy, charge and collection of the land revenue or any dues recoverable as land revenue for the period before Rabi 1976-77 which shall continue to be done under the provisions of the Baluchistan Land Revenue Act, 1976.