The Civil Commotion Compensation Fund (Repeal) Act, 1972
1ACT NO. XI OF 1972
[10th September, 1972]
An Act to repeal the Civil Commotion Compensation Fund Ordinance, 1971.
WHEREAS it is expedient to repeal the Civil Commotion Compensation Fund Ordinance, 1971 (XXI of 1971).
It is hereby enacted as follows:—
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) This Act may be called the Civil Commotion Compensation Fund (Repeal) Act, 1972.
(2) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the third day of August, 1972.
2. Repeal are Savings.-(1) The Civil Commotion Compensation Fund Ordinance, 1971 (XXI of 1971) hereinafter referred to as the said Ordinance, is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the said Ordinance, every insurer shall pay into the Fund established thereunder, within such time as the Federal Government may specify in this behalf,—
(a) such part of the surcharge collected by him under sub-section (1) of section 5 of the said Ordinance on policies issued by him before the commencement of this Ordinance as has not already been so paid; and
(b) such part of the amount payable by him under section 6 of the said Ordinance as has not already been so paid.
(3) No compensation shall be payable out of the Fund established under the said Ordinance and all moneys paid into the Fund shall, after payment out of the Fund of the loans and advances obtained under section 7 of the said Ordinance, be credited to the Federal Consolidated Fund.
(4) Any sum payable in pursuance of sub-section (2) into the Fund established under the said Ordinance shall be recoverable as an arrear of land revenue.
3. [Repeal of Ordinance XXXII of 1972.] Omitted by the Federal Laws (Revision and Declaration) Ordinance, 1981 (XXVII of 1981) s. 3 and Sch„ II.
 For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see Gaz. of R, 1972, Ext., Pt. Ill, p. 402