KHYBER PAKHTUKHWA, HIGHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT, COLLEGE PUPILS’ FUND RULES 2017
APPROVED BY SECRETARY HIGHER EDUCATION, ARCHIVES &
GOVERNMENT OF KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Higher Education Department, College Pupils’ Fund Rules, 2017.
- Short Title and Commencement: –(1) These Rules may be called “The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Higher Education Department, College Pupils’ Fund (Collection & Utilization) Rules, 2017.”
These Rules shall come into force with effect from 1st July, 2017.
- Definitions:-(1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the terms defined in the sense hereby explained.
- a)“Government” means Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- b)“Department” means The Higher Education Archives & Libraries Department,Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- c)“Secretary” means Secretary, Higher Education, Archives & Libraries
- d)“Director General” means Director General, Commerce Education &Management Sciences, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- e)“Directorate General” means Directorate General, Commerce Education &Management Sciences, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- f)“Director” means Director, Higher Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- g)“Directorate” means Directorate of Higher Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- h)“Principal” means a regular/In-charge Principal posted/appointed by theDepartment in the college.
- i)“Coordinator” means the Coordinating Principal of Joint Management Council.
- j)“Joint Management Council” means Cluster of District(s) Colleges (M&F)notified by the department.
- k)“College Administration” means the Principal/Vice-Principal/DDO, ChiefProctor, College Council & Ministerial Staff of the college.
- l)“College Council” means the notified college council of the college.
- m)“College” means GovernmentPostgraduate/Degree/Commerce & Management Science College (Male/Female) in the Province come under the purview of Higher Education, Archives & Libraries Department, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- n)“ClusterCollege” means the college of Joint Management Council (JMC).
- o)“Student” means a regular student (Male/Female) on the roll of the college forthe prescribed duration of academic session/ semester.
- p)“Pupils’ Fund” means own receipts of the college received from the sale ofprospectus/ students’ Identity Cards, collection of general fund, fines & forfeiture of students’ securities.
- q)“General Fund” means the amount collected(other than admission, tuition, registration & examination fee) from a student at the time of admission at the rate prescribed under these rules.
- r)“Security” means the refundable amount collected from a student at the time ofadmission at the rate of prescribed under these rules.
- s)“Account” means the designated account so opened in the bank for deposit ofPupils’ Fund.
- t)“Bank” means any scheduled bank so declared by the State Bank of Pakistan.
- u)“Faculty” means the discipline to which a student is enrolled in the college.
- v)“Session” means the prescribed duration of study in a faculty.
- w)“Semester” means the prescribed duration of study/credit hours in the BS/Postgraduate Programme under non-conventional system.
- x)“BS Programme” means Bachelor of Study of 4-Years Degree Programme.
- y)“Competent Authority” means“Director General” for Commerce Education & Management Science, Colleges and “Director, Higher Education” for General Education/BS Colleges.
- z)“Drawing & Disbursing Officer” means DDO of the college so declared by thecompetent authority.
- aa)“Honourarium” means payment of remuneration out of Pupils’ Fund to the hiredstaff for their services rendered in the college.
- bb)“Loan”means loan granted out of Pupils’ Fund of one College to another by the competent authority on refundable bbasis.
- cc)“Transfer of money” means transfer of the prescribed amount out of Pupils’ Fundof one college to another for fulfillment of its immediate requirements.
- dd)“Procurement” means purchase of essential items / renovation & repair of Class-room/Labs/Lavatories/Lawns/Boundary Walls etc. out of Pupils’ Fund.
- ee)“Expenditure” means expenditure out of Pupils’ Fund of the college.
- ff)“Audit” means audit of Pupils’ Fund under the financial rules in vogue.
(2) Words and expressions used but not defined in these rules shall have the same meanings as are assigned to them in the GFR, FR, SR or any other statutory order or rules framed/issued by the Government for the time being in force.
(3) Applicability of these Rules:- These rules shall be applicable to all Provincial Government Colleges/Commerce & Management Science Colleges come under the purview of Higher Education, Archives & Libraries Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
(4) Receipt of Pupils’ Fund (1) In terms of Para-6 of GFR (Volume-I) and
in light of Para-52 of the Education Code, 1935, the Principal of the college shall
receive Pupils’ Fund from the student, at the rate prescribed under Rule-(6) of
these rules, at the time of admission/promotion to a faculty.
(2) The college administration, while realizing Pupils Fund from the student, shall ensure the following steps.
- The Pupils’ Fund shall be collected under proper receipt duly signed by the concerned official of the college.
- The Principal shall maintain proper receipt book with Book & Receipt Number.
iii. The Principal shall enter the receipt book in the proper stock register.
- The Principal shall enter Serial Number of receipt book at the time of issuance to the concerned official & will take his/her signature in the register as a token of receipt.
- The amount of Pupils’ Fund shall be properly classified & codified on the prescribed receipt.
- Pupils Fund should be deposited in separate bank account of the college so opened with the permission of the competent authority.
vii. The entire collection of Pupils’ Fund shall be deposited in the bank account of the college on the very next day.
viii. The Principal shall be personally responsible for deposit of the collected amount of pupils’ fund in the bank account of the college.
- The Principal shall utilize the Pupils’ Fund in accordance with the limits prescribed in sub-rule (2) of Rule-7 of these rules.
- Record of Pupils’ Fund (i.e. Cash Book, Classified Funds Register, Receipt Books, Sanctions, Vouchers, History Sheets and Stock Registers etc) shall be maintained by the college in proper order.
- The Pupils’ Fund shall be utilize judiciously and with due financial proprieties.
xii. Expenditure out of Pupils Fund shall be made in case of non-availability of fund in the regular budget, if any, under relevant heads of account.
xiii. Utilization of both the funds (Regular & Pupils’ Fund) will be carried out separately. Only loans taken for Utility Bills or payment of Salaries to the
Minority Staff of the college shall be recouped immediately on the availability of regular budget.
xiv. The Principal shall have the power to utilize the pupils fund to the prescribed limits delegated under these rules.
- In case of expenditure over and above the prescribed limits, sanction of the competent authority shall have to be obtained up to 100% of the prescribed limit. However, full powers shall be vested into Secretary.
xvi. The expenditures out of Pupils Fund shall be subject to KPPRA Rules for good, works & services as well as deduction of all kind of taxes notified by the Government & required under the law/rules in vogue.
xvii. Pupils’ Fund shall be kept in the designated accounts of the college in the approved commercial banks. 70 % of the surplus amount over and above the estimated annual expenditure shall be kept in the high profit earning fixed deposit accounts/TDRs of the commercial banks or with the National Saving Centers.
xviii. University / Board dues collected from the student shall be remitted to the concerned quarters within due dates. All such dues should be immediately deposited in the accounts under their relevant heads and should not be retained as cash in hand.
xix. The competent authority may transfer a reasonable amount of Pupils’ Fund from one college to another on refundable /non-refundable basis.
- Annual/Special Audit of Pupils’ Fund shall be conducted in light of GFR.
xxi. An amount of Rs. 25/- per annum shall be increased each in “General Fund” & “Hostel Fund” components of the Pupils’ Fund. Rates of other components of the Pupils’ Fund shall remain intact.
xxii. In case of any ambiguity in interpretation, if arose at any stage during implementation of these rules, advise / guidance / clarification should be sought from the Secretary through t he competent authority.
xxiii. These rules shall be reviewed from time to time.
- Formation of Pupils Fund(1) The following components shall form Pupils’ Fund of the college:
- General Fund.
- Income from the sale of Prospectus.
iii. Income from the sale of Students’ Identity Cards.
- Income from the auction of old news papers purchased out of Pupils’ Fund.
- Forfeited / Non refunded amount of students’ security.
- The amount collected in connection with all kinds of fine.
- Rate of Pupils Fund(1) The following amount, at the time of admission into a faulty, shall be collected from the student at the rate given against each head of account:
|S.No||Head of account||Amount in PK Rs||Remarks|
|1||General Fund||Rs.600/-Per annum||OR||Non refundable|
|2||Computer Charges||Rs.1000/-Per annum OR||Non refundable|
|(for||Computer||Scince||RS. 500/-Per Semester|
|3||Postgraduate Charges (for||Rs.1000/- (Per Annum)||Non refundable|
|4||4 years Degree Program||Rs.||750/-||(Per||Non refundable|
|(for BS Students)||Semester)|
|5||Hostel Fund (for Boarders)||Rs. 600/- (Per annum||Non refundable|
|except||the amount of|
(2) Government dues and Universities’ / Boards’ Examinations/Registration fee shall be realized at the prescribed/notified rates from the student in addition to the above mentioned fund.
- EXPENDITURE OF PUPILS’ FUND
(1) Refund of Security Students’ Security (i.e. General/Computer Science/Hostel Security) in each case shall be refunded within sixty days of the termination of the examination or when a student departs subject to recovery of due / clearance from the concerned quarters. However in hardship cases, the period of sixty days shall be extended to ninety days from the date of termination of his/her last examination. After expiry of the prescribed period the Security shall be forfeited & shall be transferred to the General Fund of the College under the prescribed manner.
(2) General Fund General Fund collected during a particular financial year may be spent in that year for the following purposes:
- Purchase of News Papers. Minimum 2 Newspapers shall be purchased, if number ofstudents is more than 600 then additional newspapers shall be purchased @ one newspaper per 300 students. Maximum 6 newspapers are allowed. In addition to it one newspaper can be purchased for the staff room.
- Purchase of Library Books, National / International Periodicals and Magazines, Board/University Examination Result Gazette.
Rs.100,000/- (Rupees One Lac only) per annum.
- Purchase of Different Items Used in the College Mosque Including Expenditure on Khatm-ul-Quran:
Rs. 40000/- (Rupees Forty Thousand only) per annum
- Financial Aid / Prizes To the Deserving / Outstanding Students
Maximum Rs. 100,000/- (Rupees One Lac only) subject to the availability of funds in General Fund. The amount paid to the individual beneficiary will be fixed at the discretion of the Principal / Committee concerned.
- Purchase of Durable / Consumable Items Used in the College Dispensary
Maximum Rs. 25000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand only) during the financial year.
- Petty Repair in the College
Rs. 200,000/- (Rupees Two Lacs only) per annum.
- Purchase of Class Consumable
Rs. 75,000/- (Rupees Seventy Five Thousand only) per annum
List of consumable items has already been issued vide Director Higher Education endorsement No. 8031-8133 dated 09-04-2004.
- Purchase of Laboratory Consumable
Rs. 100,000/- (Rupees One Lac only) per annum
- Repair / Purchase of Durable Items Like Furniture and Fixture Machinery and Equipment Etc for Classrooms, Library, Offices and Laboratories Including Computer Science Laboratory
Rs. 100,000/- (Rupees One Lac only) per annum
- Purchase of Plants, Flower Pots, Manure for Flower Beds, Insecticides and Establishment and Maintenance of College Lawns
Maximum Rs. 100,000/- (Rupees One Lac only) during a financial year
- Purchase and Repair of Electrical Items, Water & Gas Fittings Rs. 100,000/- (Rupees One Lac only) per annum.
- Printing of Magazine:
Full powers for actual expenditure subject to the availability of funds.
- Expenditure on Home Examination and renewal fee of annual registration with the BISE/University
Full powers for actual expenditure on Semester and Annual Exams
- Expenditure on the Purchase of Sports Items sports gears
Rs. 100,000/- (Rupees One Lac only) per annum.
- Expenditure on the Repair / Replacement of Sports’ Installation andMaintenance of Play Grounds
Rs. 100,000/- (Rupees One Lac only) per annum.
- Expenditure on Sports Activities Five (05) Percent of the General Fund for the following sports activities
(a) Five percent (05%) of General Fund collected during the Financial Year shall be paid to the Director, Higher Education for managing sports activities and departmental tournament.
(b) (i) Transport charges paid during friendly matches and University / Board tournaments. Actual Expenses incurred on the purpose.
(ii) DA to the Players of University / Board /Departmental Tournaments Restricted to the DA paid to the players by the University or Board in each case.
(iii) Refreshment to the Players of Friendly Matches Half the DA paid to the players during the University / Board / Departmental Tournaments (Maximum Six friendly matches per game at each level).
(iv) Refreshment to the Players during intra-mural practice. One-fourth of the DA paid to the players during the University / Board Tournament up to maximum of six days in each game.
(v) Refreshment to the Driver and attendant accompanying the Team. Shall be treated equivalent to the player in each of the above cases.
(vi) Refreshment to In-Charge Game during the Tournament Matches held within the area where TA / DA is not allowed under the rules. Rs. 500/- per match.
(vii) TA / DA to the officers / officials deputed for the activities/meetings of sports purpose (as per Government Rules).
- Expenditure on Debates & Functions of National, Educational and Religious Interests
Rs. 150,000/- (Rupees One Lac and Fifty Thousand only) per annum
- Expenditure Out of Social Work / Welfare / Services Fund
The amount will be utilized as per instructions given by the concerned university.
- Printing of Prospectus & Students’ Identity Cards Full powers (actual expenditure).
- Printing of Different Kinds of Registers. Certificates, Forms, Absentee Slips and Receipt Books
Full Powers according to actual requirements.
- Purchase of All Kinds of Office Stationery Full Powers according to actual requirements.
|22. Pay Loan to the Minorities Employees||One month advance pay to the|
minorities’ employees on the eve of their religious events payable during the month of the event and recoverable during the next month provided no such advance payment is announced by the Government.
- Expenditure on the Refreshment of General Staff Meeting, College Council and Joint Management Council Meetings, Proctorial Board Meetings, Occasional VIP Visitors, Delegations, other Meetings Arranged Either By the Head Of The Institution or By The Department and on Supervisory Staff at The Preparatory Day of Examinations
(i) Tea: Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty only) per person
(ii) Meal: Rs.450/- ( Rupees Four Hundred and Fifty only) per person
(iii) In case of VIP visitors, actual expenditure is allowed.
- Expenditure on Refreshment of Admission Committees Working During the Session and visits of officials/officers to the college for any official purpose
(i) Maximum Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) per committee during the session, and
(ii) Maximum Rs.800/- (Eight Hundred only) per day per official.
- Honorarium to the “College Fund” Maintenance Official
The following limits will be observed for payment of honoraria to the Pupils’ Fund maintenance official:
|S.No||No. of Students||Rate of Honorarium Per Month|
|(i)||up to 500||Rs. 600/-|
|(iv)||above 2000||Rs. 2000/-|
- Honorarium To The Hired Teaching / Clerical /Hostel / Laboratory /Class-IV employees
Temporary engagement, for smooth functioning of the college, shall be made out of Pupils’ Fund. The appointments of Class-IV staff shall be made by the concerned Principal of the college against the vacant posts whereas for other categories, ex-post facto sanction will be issued by the competent authority upon the recommendation of the Principal concerned. The rate of honoraria for each category is prescribed as follows:-
- Teaching Staff ….. Rs.28,000/- P.M*. (Rs. Twenty Eight Thousand only)
|b.||Clerical / Lab Assistant / Warden/Pesh-e-Imam/Driver…… Rs.17, 000/- P.M.|
|(Rs. Seventeen Thousand only)|
|c.||Class-IV||Rs.14000/- P.M. (Rs. Fourteen Thousand only)|
|d.||Security Guard||Rs.14000/- P.M. (Rs. Fourteen Thousand only)|
|Note:- PM* stands for Per Month|
- Utility Bills Payment as Loan.
All such payments should be adjusted immediately after availability of regular budget under the relevant head of account.
- Purchase, repairs and maintenance of security installations/items
All such matters shall be carried out subject to the availability of funds.
(3) Expenditure out of Computer Charges
Full Power for expenditure on actual requirements, however, shall be limited to the annual receipt under the relevant head of account. The expenditure out of Computer Charges shall be incurred on the computer science students only for the purchase/repair of computers and allied accessories, printers, computer stationery, paper, blank CDs / DVDs, flash drives, Software, Printer’s Ribbon, Cartridges, Toners etc and payment for installation of internet/DSL/Evo Wireless/V-Phone and their monthly bills/cards.
(4) Expenditure on BS/Postgraduate Programmes
(1) Refreshment for participants and Resource Person of Seminars.
(a) Tea Rs.50/- per person
(b) Meal Rs.450/- per person
(2) Honorarium to the Resource Person: Rs. 8000/- per lecture
(3) Expenditure on Examinations (Full power for Actual Expenditure)
(4) Industrial and Educational Tours Actual expenditure to be incurred on the transportation and refreshment of 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Semester students of all the disciplines and on the students of any Semester studying Industrial Chemistry or Industrial Engineering.
(5) Expenditure on Research Projects for the Students of 7th and 8th Semesters: Actual expenditure to be incurred on the purchase of all types of contingent items required for research activities of the students of 7th and 8th Semester.
(6) Purchase of Research and Scientific Journals. Maximum Rs. 100,000/- during each financial year to be incurred on the purchase of Research and Scientific journals relevant to the BS courses.
(7) Cash/ Kind Prizes to the Outstanding Students of the College in 4th and 8th Semesters at Each BS Discipline on the Following Rates:
- Rs. 5000 (1st Prize)
- Rs. 3000 (2nd Prize) and
iii. Rs. 2000 (3rd Prize).
(8) Encouragement Award to the Student and Teacher for the Publication of Research Paper.
Rs. 10,000/- each for best student and Rs. 15,000/- each for best supervisor and for the student/group for the publication of research paper in HEC recognized journals during BS studies in any BS department.
(9) Purchase and Repair of Items Specific to the BS Labs:
Actual expenditure shall be incurred on the purchase and repair of items specific to the BS laboratories subject to the availability of funds.
(10) Purchase, Repair and Maintenance of Plant and Machinery items:
Actual expenditure to be incurred on the purchase, repair and maintenance of items like UPS, Lead storage batteries, Photocopiers, Security installations, Cameras, Water Coolers and all kinds of machinery items provided sufficient funds are not available under the General Fund.
(11) Purchase, Repair and Maintenance of Computers and its Accessories:
Actual expenditure to be incurred on the purchase, repair and maintenance of computers and its accessories provided sufficient funds are not available under the head General Fund.
(12) Best Teacher Award for performance in the BS classes (Criterion will be developed by the Directorate of Higher Education)
Rs.30000/-per semester/college (separate for fall and spring semester) for the outstanding teacher to be nominated by the principal as per criteria
(6) HOSTEL FUND:
Full powers for actual expenditure on the purchase of all kinds of consumable and utensils etc used in the college hostel and on the repair and replacement of water, gas and electrical fittings, furniture and fixture and other petty repair work related to the student’s hostel, which shall be met out of the hostel fund. Expenditure on the Utility Bills of the hostel shall be payable by the students residing in the hostel.