PRESIDENT’S ORDER NO. I OF 2000
to provide for payment of allowance to ad hoc members of the Shariat Appellate Bench;
WHEREAS clause (6) of Article 203F of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan provide that while attending the sitting of the Shariat Appellate Bench ad hoc member shall be paid such allowances as the President may determine;
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by the aforesaid clause the President is pleased to make the following Order :-
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) This Order may called the ad hoc members of the Shariat Appellate Bench (Allowance for Attending of Sittings) Order, 2000.
(2) it shall come into force at once.
2. Sitting allowance. There shall be paid to. an ad hoc member of the Shariat Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court, appointed from out of the panel of Ulema an allowance of two thousand rupees per diem while attending the sittings of the Bench subject to the condition that the total amount of such allowance paid in a month shall not exceed one month’s salary of a Judge of the Supreme Court.
3. Travelling allowance. Where ad hoc member travels from his ordinarily place of residence to an out station place for attending sitting of the Bench he shall be entitled to the travelling allowance as admissible to a Judge of the Supreme Court in addition to the sitting allowance payable under Article 2.
4. Other privileges. While attending sittings of the Bench, an ad hoc member shall be entitled to a rent free single accommodation with telephone and an official car with driver and petrol not exceeding ten litres per diem.