CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2023
ACT NO. IX OF 2023
An Act further to amend the Capital Development Authority Ordinance, 1960
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 24th February, 2023]
No. F. 9(37)/2022-Legis., dated 22.2.2023–The following Act of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) received the assent of the President on 20th February, 2023 and is hereby published for general information:-
WHEREAS, it is expedient further to amend the Capital Development Authority Ordinance, 1960 (XXIII of 1960) for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
- Short title and commencement.–(1) This Bill shall be called the Capital Development Authority (Amendment) Act, 2023.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
- Amendment of Section 8, Ordinance XXIII of 1960.–In the Capital Development Authority Ordinance, 1960 (XXIII of 1960), hereinafter referred to as the said Ordinance, in Section 8, clause (f) shall be omitted.
- Amendment of Section 15, Ordinance XXIII of 1960.–In the said Ordinance, in Section 15, in sub-section (2), in clause (v), after the word “contracts”, the expression “including but not limited
to joint ventures, public private partnerships, concession agreements, etc.” shall be inserted.
- Insertion of Section 49G, Ordinance XXIII of 1960.–In the said Ordinance, after Section 49F, the following new Section 49G shall be inserted, namely:–
“49G. Ordinance to override other Laws.–The provisions of this Ordinance shall have effect notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law for the time being in force and such law shall, to the extent of any inconsistency, cease to have effect.”.