ORDINANCE NO. II OF 2013
MEDICAL AND DENTAL COUNCIL (AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE, 2013
An Ordinance further to amend the Medical and. Dental Council Ordinance, 1962
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 12th February, 2013]
No. F. 2(1)/2013-Pub.—The following Ordinance promulgated by the President is hereby published for general information:
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Medical and Dental Council Ordinance, 1962 (XXXII of 1962), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
AND WHEREAS the National Assembly and the Senate are not in session and the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 89 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) This Ordinance may be called the Medical and Dental Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2013.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Substitution of Section 36-B, Ordinance XXXII of 1962.—In the Medical and Dental Council Ordinance, 1962 (XXXII of 1962), for Section 36-B the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“36-B. Transitory provision.—(1) Upon commencement of the Medical and Dental Council (Amendment) Act, 2012 (XIX of 2012), the incumbent Council constituted under Section 3 shall stand dissolved.
(2) Notwithstanding dissolution of the Council under sub-section (1), the President, Vice-President of the Council and Executive Committee of the Council as exist immediately before commencement of the aforesaid Act shall stay intact. The President and Vice-President shall act as members of the Executive Committee.
(3) The Federal Government shall appoint an Administrator who shall be a medical or dental practitioner not below BPS-20 officer of Federal Government who shall head the Executive Committee. The Administrator and the Executive Committee shall exercise powers of the Council till constitution of a new Council and shall conduct elections for membership of the Council within a period not exceeding ninety days.”.