PROVINCIAL MOTOR VEHICLES
(AMENDMENT) ACT, 2015
An Act further to amend the Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965.
[Gazette of Punjab, Extraordinary, 26th June, 2015]
ACT XXXI OF 2015
No. PAP/Legis-2(76)/2015/1254. The Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2015, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on June 24, 2015, and assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on June 26, 2015, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
It is expedient further to amend the Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965 (XIX of 1965) for purposes hereinafter appearing;
Be it enacted by the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab as follows:
1. Short title and commencement.–(1) This Act may be cited as the Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2015.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Insertion of Section 112-B in Ordinance XIX of 1965.–(1) In the Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965 (XIX of 1965), after Section 112-A, the following Section 112-B shall be inserted:
“112-B. Penalty for overcharging of fares.–(1) If a person being in charge of a transport vehicle overcharges from a passenger or causes to overcharge from the passenger in violation of the fares approved by the Government or Provincial Transport Authority or Regional Transport Authority, he shall be liable to any of the following punishments:
(a) fine of fifteen hundred rupees in case of overcharging for the first time;
(b) fine of three thousand rupees and impounding of the transport vehicle for minimum of forty eight hours in case of overcharging for the second time within six months of first overcharging; and
(c) fine of four thousand rupees and suspension of route permit of the transport vehicle for three months in case of overcharging within three months of second overcharging.
(2) The Government may notify separate form of register, which may be manual or electronic, for the purpose of maintaining record of repeated overcharging under this section.”
3. Repeal.–The Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015 (XII of 2015) is hereby repealed.