PUNJAB CORPORATION EMPLOYEES (Special Powers) ORDINANCE, 1978
19th April, 1978
An Ordinance to invest the Governor with certain powers in respect of persons in Corporation Service
Preamble: Whereas it is expedient to invest the Governor of the Punjab with certain powers in respect of persons in Corporation Service;
And whereas the Governor of the Punjab is satisfied that circumstances exist which render immediate legislation necessary;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the fifth day of July, 1977 read with the laws (Continuance in Force) Order, 1977 (CMLA’s Order No. 1 of 1977). the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance.
1. Short title and commencement: (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Corporation Employees (Special Powers) Ordinance, 1978.
(2) It shall come into force at once
2. Definitions; In this Ordinance unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context:-
(i) ‘Corporation’ means a corporated body set up established managed or controlled by the Government of the Punjab; and
(ii) ‘Person in Corporation Service’ means a person employed in connection with the affairs of Corporation and shall include the Chairman, the Managing Director of and holder of any other office in such corporation but shall not include a person who is on deputation to a Corporation from the Federal or a Provincial Government.
3. Certain persons to be liable to removal or reversion: Notwithstanding anything contained ,in any law for the time being in force, or in the terms and conditions of his service, a person in Corporation service appointed or promoted during the period from the first day of January, 1972, to the fifth day of July, 1977, may be removed from service, or reverted to his lower post or grade as the case may be with out notice by the Government of the Punjab or a person authorised by him in this behalf on such dates as the Governor of the Punjab or as the case may be the person so authorised may in the public interest direct.
4. Representation: A person who is removed from service or reverted to a .lower post or grade under Section 3 may, within fifteen days from the date of receipt of order of removal or reversion prefer a representation to the Governor of the Punjab:
Provided that, where the order of removal or reversion has been made by the Governor of the Punjab such person may within the aforesaid time, submit to the Governor of the Punjab a petition for review of the order.
5. Service of Corporation to be service of Punjab Government, etc.: Any person who under the provisions of this Ordinance is removed from service or reverted to a lower, post or grade shall for the purpose of the Punjab Service Tribunals Act, 1974 (IX of 1974) be deemed to be a civil servant.