PUNJAB HOUSING AND TOWN PLANNING AGENCY (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2012
An Act to amend the Punjab Housing and Town-Planning Agency Ordinance, 2002
[Gazette of Punjab, Extraordinary, 5th January 2013]
ACT IX OF 2013
No. PAP-Legis-2(137)/2012/813.–The Punjab Housing and Town-Planning Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2012, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on 27 December 2012, and assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on 3 January 2013, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
Preamble.–Whereas it is expedient to amend the Punjab Housing and Town-Planning Ordinance, 2002 (LXXVIII of 2002), for purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is enacted as follows:–
- Short title and commencement.–(1) This Act may be cited as the Punjab Housing and Town-Planning Agency (Amendment) Act, 2012.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
- Insertion of Section 41 in Ordinance LXXVIII of 2002.–In the Punjab Housing and Town-Planning Agency Ordinance, 2002 (LXXVIII of 2002), after Section 40, the following Section 41 shall be inserted:–
“41. Government servants in the Agency.–(1) All employees of the Government serving in the Agency shall remain employees of the Government unless absorbed in the service of the Agency under this section.
(2) An employee of the Government serving in the Agency may opt for absorption in the service of the Agency in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in any law, the Government may delegate disciplinary, administrative and financial powers on various functionaries of the Agency to deal with the matters relating to terms and conditions of service of the employees of the Government serving in the Agency.”